Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array

Thumbs up Update for 2009 Supersprint: BYP Civic

Christmas is just around the corner and the good news is the car will be rocking a new engine combo for next year supersprint.

Here are a quick run down of the specs:

• B18c block
    • VtiR crank
    • 81.5mm CP custom pistons
    • Crower I beam rods
    • Toda Oil Pump
    • ACL Race bearings
    • PR3 Cyl Head,CNC Combustion Chambers, Hand Blending of ports only
    • Supertech Valve Train
    • 50mm TWM quads + Air box
    • Vi-PEC V44 ECU

• Engine is being built and will be developed by an engineering company that does ultralight aircraft engine design and development.The spec's above are all we where given about the engine and we know nothing else about the setup and the dyno numbers will not be shown till mid year when they have had it back in there workshop once there engine dyno is in and running

• There is also alot of input to this engine package & development from Sydney Vi-PEC wholesaler Scott @ Insight Motorsport as he works very closely with the Enginerring company on the ECU side of there plane engine project.

Its an excitment new year for the crew as it will even the playing field with the Toda EG civic marginally in terms of capacity.

Keep an eye out for Dyno numbers and further development of the engine.

Neato
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

looks like a promising build, so how do we get involved with supersprint and is there differnt engine capacity classes

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    sweet dude i always thort a b16 was a little too small haha
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Quote Originally Posted by B20NA View Post
    looks like a promising build, so how do we get involved with supersprint and is there differnt engine capacity classes
    Its not difficult and anyone can participate. Car's are segrated by Level of Modifications and Capacity.

Some information here:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80703

I will be updating for 2009, so watch that space.

Cheers
    Last edited by e240; 23-12-2008 at 07:12 PM.
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Nice work ladies.

The b16a hauled arse for what it was, cant wait to sit and trial the b18c.

Account Disabled Array
    The B16a has serve us very well for the 2008 season. The car has gone a long way since the start of the year. We learnt a fair bit from the chasis and tyre combo.

So we are going to step it up a notch and run a built B18c to give a little more competition

It all depends on what capacity and level of modification you have. It you heaps of modification including change of engine (b-series conversion) you'll be under the Class 3 modification level. In terms of capacity, if your 0-1600cc your in class A, 1600cc-2000cc Class B and so fourth.

We competed in Class 3B last year even tho we ran the B16a for the majority of the rounds. We should have been in class 3A but we change to a B18c mid season for testing and reverted back to the B16a.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by VTi_b0i View Post
    sweet dude i always thort a b16 was a little too small haha
    Yeh B16a lacks the grunt of the higher capacity motors like the 1.8 and 2.0l. You need grunt to convert to good track times.

At the end of the day, track times talk, so our efforts in the B16a seems to be disregarded, so running a build motor will hopefully convert to decent track times.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Let me hit vtec in then car boys... give it some HG love
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Vi-PEC V44 ECU ive heard good things about this ecu, ex autronic employee.
    Is this what uncle dave recommened.
    for the price ur better off with hondata, neptune

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr2w8 View Post
    Vi-PEC V44 ECU ive heard good things about this ecu, ex autronic employee.
    Is this what uncle dave recommened.
    for the price ur better off with hondata, neptune
    Yes uncle Dave and Scott @ Insight will be doing the install and tuning the engine.

In terms of price, its comparable to hondata and neptune especially with the currency exchange rate. I would prefer something of upper class then the normal chipped ECU's. There is only so far you can do with them, then you'll need to upgrade to get that bit extra. I've personally seen the result between the Hondata and the ViPec on back to back tunes and the result are amazing.

The Vipec are becoming very affortable, expecially for the K-series engine. Keep an eye out for further development. Hondata Kpro are easily 1600 landed with the currency as it is. The Vipec prices will be very similar to those of the Kpro.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    you sohuld have gone with an all out motor build from adrian.. would have been much better
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..