Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Of course it is true. You can run 20psi and more on a stock motor if you want. You'll have awsome power for a whole 5 seconds flat out. Or you can run 15 psi for 20 seconds flat out. Or 8 psi flat our for a minute. (made up figures)

Its not the Psi that kills a motor its 'how you drive it' and how its tuned. If your running high boost on the street, giving it a spurt here and there so often, you'll never have any problems. If your going to be flat out on the track its gonna blow eventually. That goes for any motor, if your thermal management is not up to scratch it will eventually blow. As always its a lot of things to consider, not Psi.
    Yeh in the thread i said this "anyone can get a stock b series with stock compression and boost it upto 16psi for 2 minutes on one dyno run and cross your fingers that nothing gives way just so you can get a dyno sheet that has 268kw"

it just seams like there dyno junkies.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    geez, same thing said a million diff ways, 8 pages later...

Anyway, one thing that was touched on was the EBC, size of the turbo, those IMO are things to look at, and to those running past 14PSI - Did yall use aftermarket ECU's?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    geez, same thing said a million diff ways, 8 pages later...

Anyway, one thing that was touched on was the EBC, size of the turbo, those IMO are things to look at, and to those running past 14PSI - Did yall use aftermarket ECU's?
    Dude we are all using aftermarket ECU's its the going way!
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    Nah man, u might find people using stock ECU and chip to comepnsate or maybe a piggy back - most dont have the dosh for full ECU i.e. Motec Haltech Autronic

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Nah man, u might find people using stock ECU and chip to comepnsate or maybe a piggy back - most dont have the dosh for full ECU i.e. Motec Haltech Autronic
    Ok first of all thats usually the case in the US. Alot of people use Apexi Vafc Piggy back ECU's and run there cars upto 7psi or so. But here in the Aus this is not how its generally done. Motec/heltech/autronic's are something that is rarely seen here also. Maybe haltech but alot of guys here run Hondata or other Ecu's like Apexi power FC, thats what im running.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    yeah its called the 'hack', not really recommended if your running decent power. That's the cheap & nasty way. If your thinking that, don't even bother, its going to be a headache in the long run

Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Yeah I'm running Hondata

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Swift GT-iA
    Well this Hack is doing well in my car and many others like it - Apexi isnt a full ECU - thats jus a piggy back - i odntknow about a Hondata though - anyone care to explain if its a full ECU or just a piggyback

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Well this Hack is doing well in my car and many others like it - Apexi isnt a full ECU - thats jus a piggy back - i odntknow about a Hondata though - anyone care to explain if its a full ECU or just a piggyback
    Hondate is a full ECU and it allows complete access to Honda’s real maps and so on… close to the best you can get

Coze its the standard ECU moded
    Last edited by Lukezen27; 07-05-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Apexi PFC is a full ECU.

Difference is a piggyback only intercepts signals & gives different readings. Usually has limited points. When it gets to big setups & features the piggyback is crap

A full ECU is able to be fully programable with all fuel, igntition, timing etc....
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    the SAFC etc you are talking about only give small tuning parameters.... i belive its every 500rpm or so, and they only allow tuning off the a/f ratio buy hacking in and tricking the factory computer.

a full ecu like above mentioned have tuning parameters down to every (subjective between different ecu's) 50rpm point or even less and allow full ajustment of a/f ratios and ignition timing at every point across the rpm range these are whats called stand alone although these can be run in a piggy back style arrangement where they factory ecu controlls creture comfort accessorys and ide cold start etc but the other ecu controlls all the engine functions and sensors.

as for motor blowing if you reach the breaking point of an engine component then dosent matter how good the tune is then it will fail eventually for example a D series head bottom end will take large amounts of boost but the connecting rods only withstand about 200-220 hp and they will fail at this point ..... hey luke :P
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    delsol crx
    FastFwd that 268kw on 16psi was did on race fuel.

Definately believable.

Check the first post on this page.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=111075&page=8