Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK>DC5R>S2K&JAZ
    was using shell before in the dc5 which wasn't turbo'ed

seemed ok. but dont want to run a batch of bad oil. think il stick to BP like before.

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    more comp less boost = not much power potential
    less comp more boost = good power
    very low comp, extreme boost = will give insane power

the amount of power your engine makes is limited to its flow characteristics and how much it can take before pinging,

higher compression will result in a more responsive and fuel efficient engine

but boost is also limited to how much fuel you dump into the engine

1 of hondas F1 engines has 6:1 compression with something like 60psi to make over 700hp from a 1.5L

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by crx_boy7 View Post
    more comp less boost = not much power potential
    less comp more boost = good power
    very low comp, extreme boost = will give insane power
    not sure where ur theory comes from, czn u back it up???............excluding the F1 stuff that has millions of dollars spent on research and developement???

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    BP ultimate and synergy 8000 both good fuels
    thank god, there the only 2 ill use

Member Array
    Car:
    08' aluminium BMX
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    not sure where ur theory comes from, czn u back it up???............excluding the F1 stuff that has millions of dollars spent on research and developement???
    im not sure either, do some research and if you can proove it wrong pls post

to get past this problem there is a way to cheat out compression, volvo and a few other manufacturers are duing this, volvos system incorporates a variable height deck, than can lift the head along with the sleeves to increase/decrease compression
    Last edited by crx_boy7; 27-12-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    1 of hondas F1 engines has 6:1 compression with something like 60psi to make over 700hp from a 1.5L
    That was with old 80's technology.......

Now, higher compression, more responsiveness, better reliabilty you'll acheive the same figure. So therefore, more compression the less boost you need to run to acheive the same figure.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Also, an engine like that designed purely for racing application would be useless on the street

B20VTEC Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 11 Maloo
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    That was with old 80's technology.......

Now, higher compression, more responsiveness, better reliabilty you'll acheive the same figure. So therefore, more compression the less boost you need to run to acheive the same figure.
    exactly! i dont know about anyone else but id much rather make for instance 200kw atw on say 7psi then the same figure on like 15psi? its a no brainer... my compression is at 11.4-1 only running 7.5psi daily and occasionally 9psi and its great.
    Power Of Dreams...
    VTECN

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    im not sure either, do some research and if you can proove it wrong pls post
    the best proof i can give u is in my own ITR.............

stock b18c7 with a gt30, full race mani, 7.5psi making a healthy and very respectful 239.8kw daily driven, and after a whole year of daily driving, 3or 4 1/4mile drag nights/days and plenty of street thrashing/racing, it still made a healthy 240.5kw on the same dyno as it was tuned.........

it made it a very responsive and very fun to drive, and due to the high stock compression, it could be driven as if it was na under 4500rpm on light throttle and no one would know the difference.........

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    the best proof i can give u is in my own ITR.............

stock b18c7 with a gt30, full race mani, 7.5psi making a healthy and very respectful 239.8kw daily driven, and after a whole year of daily driving, 3or 4 1/4mile drag nights/days and plenty of street thrashing/racing, it still made a healthy 240.5kw on the same dyno as it was tuned.........

it made it a very responsive and very fun to drive, and due to the high stock compression, it could be driven as if it was na under 4500rpm on light throttle and no one would know the difference.........
    I think that's also a very good example of just how difference buying quality parts and planning your intended power out-put can be.

Man I can't believe some A-hole sole your car!
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    high comp is good, but the reason why people go lower comp is so they can run more boost and make more power reliabily without race fuel.
    Reason is our fuel is not up to scratch. If you could get consistent race fuel all the time, a high comp motor with high boost is fine. The low comp motors compensate for the occasional crap fuel without killing the motor completely.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    I think that's also a very good example of just how difference buying quality parts and planning your intended power out-put can be.

Man I can't believe some A-hole sole your car!
    thanks luke........

and i still sook about it not being here in my posetion in my garage to be taken for a drive when ever i want.............. it sucks hard............