Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    On the topic of future ozhonda-ers, and also google-ers and yahoo-ers heres my list of parts needed for the swap - to my knowledge:

1. b18b Engine and transmission (w/intermediate shaft) - get same OBD engine as your cars current engine to make thigs easy

2. Ecu and iacv connector (Might not need the iacv connector, leaning towards not, as both d16 and b18b are non vtec, could be wrong, still researching. theres either a 2 pin or 3 pin connector, if your d engine has the same amount of pins (in the connector), as a b18b, then its not needed.)

3. Shift linkage from integra (maby also shifter, but out of the tons of "parts for swap" lists ive found on the net, only one old old site includes the shifter as a needed part. Waiting for JDMtype R's responce. Find it odd that maby 20-25 people forgot to mention the same part in other threads on the net tho)

4. Appropriate motor mounts
    Rear Tranny mount from the 99-00 Si: 50827-S04-N10
    Driver side mount bracket from the 99-00 Si: 11910-P30-000
    96 del Sol AC bracket: 38930-P54-000 ( only if you want to keep your ac)
    Integra front tranny mount
    (see http://kosmo.homedns.org/trey/6gen/ for more detailed info)

5. B series axels

6. B18b header (b18c header might fit, no idea on compatibility)

Edit: 7. Intake manifold and such, of course!

I feel theres more things needed for the swap, but this is what ive found so far.
    If anyone can see somthing missing, or incorrect, please chime in!
    Now, back to my questions lol.
    Last edited by Muzz; 09-01-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic ek hatch
    Also, you dont need a different harness, its easy to use the ek's harness, just need to extend a few wires, and maby change the iacv connector, or so i hear.

i did a conversion on a integra dc4 b18b we put a itr motor and box in, i used shiftlink from the dc4 coz after pulling it out it was the same size just different colour also used the shaft off the dc4 and ps pump from the dc4. would be easier to get a obd2a b18b egine get a ek4 harness everything will plug in and be left over with 1 vtec plug u can also use a ek vti harness as well depending on my model ecu u might need a conversion harness as ek uses a obd2a

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post

2. Ecu and iacv connector (Might not need the iacv connector, leaning towards not, as both d16 and b18b are non vtec, could be wrong, still researching. theres either a 2 pin or 3 pin connector, if your d engine has the same amount of pins (in the connector), as a b18b, then its not needed.)

3. Shift linkage from integra (maby also shifter, but out of the tons of "parts for swap" lists ive found on the net, only one old old site includes the shifter as a needed part. Waiting for JDMtype R's responce. Find it odd that maby 20-25 people forgot to mention the same part in other threads on the net tho)
    well if your ek is a d motor u will need to change the shiftlink to the b shifter that can use from the b18b dc4 ... unless u have a ek4 u will not need anything much beside the motor and box...i dont think u need to change any connectors they would use the same pins with vtec and non vtec..well doing a b18b conversion will be exactly like doing a b18 or b16 conversion....just no vtec,

Quote Originally Posted by jdmTYPE R View Post
    b18b uses everything from a b motor from shaft to shift, ill use the b18b ecu with a ek4 harness
    shiftlink u can use dc eg6 and ek4 b18b uses a b series box

feel free to pm if u get stuck....
    Last edited by jdmTYPE R; 11-01-2009 at 12:46 PM.
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Also, you dont need a different harness, its easy to use the ek's harness, just need to extend a few wires, and maby change the iacv connector, or so i hear.
    ek1 non vtec harness has 2 plugs for the ecu u will need to buy a conversion harness from edge automotive to convert your ek1 2 plug to a 3 plug for ecu and wire up the rest of the missing wires which is a real pain to do....... looking for a vti ek or a ek4 harness will be the easier and faster to do
    JDMYard Eg civic lsvtec 1.04:1 WAKEFIELD PARK
    Bel Garage Dc2r/Neptune ecu
    SUPERLAP 2010 clubsprint FF na winner
    1.54.81 street tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Apologise for reviving an old thread. i though this information may be interesting for some people.

Muzz, you only need the shift linkage bud, i believe the d-series is too short or something like that. Motor mounts, if your going to do a swap, even if its a dd, id recommend using the avid racing mounts. your doing the swap to get a little more power, so why not get as much useable power to the ground as possible?

Much, much easier to use a harness from either: VTi Coupe (AUDM), VTi-R HB (AUDM), EX Coupe (USDM) or an Si HB (USDM). no need to swap/chop/change wires, everything should match up. though you'd need to use same OBD harness as engine. Integra harness doesnt work, i believe the integra is a 2-piece harness whereas civic is only 1-piece harness. the intake manifold that comes on the b18b will fit, so you dont need to swap it out at all.

Alot of the usa guys use the b16a g/box, better ratios, if your planning to boost down the track, keep the b18b box, much better suited for boost!

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic
    Appropriate motor mounts
    Rear Tranny mount from the 99-00 Si: 50827-S04-N10
    Driver side mount bracket from the 99-00 Si: 11910-P30-000
    96 del Sol AC bracket: 38930-P54-000 ( only if you want to keep your ac)
    Integra front tranny mount
    (see http://kosmo.homedns.org/trey/6gen/ for more detailed info)

Dont forget, USDM are left hand drive, so the driver side mount is actually our passenger side mount. & if those part numbers are for usa, australia part numbers may differ.