Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help please, s2000 clutch problem

Hi, recently my clutch just died on me, all of a sudden, the clutch became really really loose, and this morning i checked the clutch fluid and it was empty,
    took it down to my nearest workshop, you cant even put it into gear properly unless its moving, you would have to turn the engine off, put it in gear, then move.Thats how serious it is,
    the mechanic said its the clutch master or clutch slave problem,
    was wondering if anyone can help me with these problems, i first thought it was because the clutch had worn out, but not sure now what to do!!!, please any help, and also help how to find cheap service and parts because i am also strapped for cash!.
    Located in sydney,
    thanks guys i need all the help i can get.
    Happy new year

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    take it to Top One @ Arncliffe 95998965, Dedy should be able to fix it for you but I'm not sure how much is gonna cost you

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Just flush out your fluid and top it up.
    You probably have a leak somewhere but I just keep topping it up I cbf fixing it lol.
    It's a pretty common problem with the S2k's
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Topped it up but still has the problem, workshop dude said because its a hydrolic clutch, and when u drive it air goes in or something...
    im pretty worried, i should get it towed to a machanic, yeah dedy, my friend's like good friends with him, he recommended the same thing,
    is this a serious problem?
    and would it cost heaps?

this is not a CLUTCH problem , its a clutch MASTER CYLINDER OR SLAVE CYLINDER problem. One or both has failed , and needs replacement.
    The Maser cylinder has a piston connected to your clutch pedal , it pushes DOT 4 fluid back and forth to your SLAVE cylinder. This is located on the side of your gearbox , and depresses the pressure plate and enables you to change gear etc.

You need to replace one or both.

agreed with ben

i had the same problem

replace the fluid in the master/slave cylinder, pump the clutch a few times when the car is off and then get yourself to hanny's at smithfield.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    this is not a CLUTCH problem , its a clutch MASTER CYLINDER OR SLAVE CYLINDER problem. One or both has failed , and needs replacement.
    The Maser cylinder has a piston connected to your clutch pedal , it pushes DOT 4 fluid back and forth to your SLAVE cylinder. This is located on the side of your gearbox , and depresses the pressure plate and enables you to change gear etc.

You need to replace one or both.
    yes that is the problem, is it a big issue?, and how much do u think i am looking at?, ben i think u know what the problem seems to be, have you done this before?, and what causes this, how should i prevent it. and also, driving it would it be a problem?
    thank you for your sincere help everyone. still confused.. though, coz i dont know much about them,

Quote Originally Posted by <4n'D> View Post
    agreed with ben

i had the same problem

replace the fluid in the master/slave cylinder, pump the clutch a few times when the car is off and then get yourself to hanny's at smithfield.
    Hi, if you had the same problem how much did it cost you?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    hey champ i think its probrably a leak in your line take it to hannys i sent you a pm already ive had the same problem dont stress

thanks, if it is the master cylinder thats leaking, should i be able to see where the leak is? like is it visible inside the car?

I believe the part you need is $220 from honda, I had the same problem, it was a leaking seal on the master cylinder r something of the sort, have it checked out dude, doesnt sound serious

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R / S2000
    i didnt want to start a new thred so in regards to the clutch buzz.. i have a 99 s2k with clutch buzz(standard clutch has never been changed). what clutch do i need to purchuse to get rid of clutch buzz?... is it 02+oem cutch?