Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord

manual conversions

hey just recently blew the auto in my cd5 vtis,and wanting to do manual conversion,ive spoken to a few places around my area but no one seems to know how or just cant be botherd,if anyone knows of anywhere that would be familiar with somthing like this and maybe even an indication of price i appreciate the help thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    not worth it for what the car is worth now compare to the amount of works to be done.

better of change to auto and get a manual cd5 or completely do an engine conversion.
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    yeah ive had full conversion in mind for a fair while now,but havnt found many places who know what there talking bout and 2 others quoted round the 9k mark which i thaught is pretty steep

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    9k?? damn...

anyways my mate converted his auto car to a manual and it cost him around 2.5k

if you like... i can ask where he got it done seeing your in melb too...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    yeah if thats not too much dramas that wuld b realli good thanks mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    i have a wreaked 96 with maunual tranny

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by jestalt19akord View Post
    yeah ive had full conversion in mind for a fair while now,but havnt found many places who know what there talking bout and 2 others quoted round the 9k mark which i thaught is pretty steep
    Thats too expensive mate! If you really want to spend money on the cd5 its better to do an engine swap with an h22 ~ feel the power of a DOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport
    sorry for the late reply... my mates in thailand atm... so ill ask him when he gets back

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    Quote Originally Posted by jestalt19akord View Post
    9k is very expensive.
    If you wanted to keep the f22b1 and convert from auto to manual, you would be looking at around 1000 in parts.
    auto's are prob bout the same, a touch cheaper.

most people just do a h22a conversion as it works out just about cheaper, not to mention you normally buy it with a manual gearbox (or auto if u prefer) and then it is very easily fiitted (refer to another thread).

h22a manual can set u back between 2000-3500. To have a shop put this in for you will be massively expensive for the small effort of work.
    note-small effort of work refers to the engine conversion being simple rather then a very complex conversion which they are probably accustomed to.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord
    thanks for all the help guys,but i think i might just cut my losses and get rid of the car,so if anyone interested looking at bout 3k the way is,or will just sell the extractors, cf bonnet exhaust,cai,vtec controller seprately

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    I'll take cai and extractors, PM me a price. you in syd.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    accord