Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    Each to their own.
    Its all depends on what will work for you and your car set up.
    I like that

I preload. If you do it correctly you're only ridding the clutch at friction point for less then a second.

You'll probably do more damage to your clutch from a hill start during street driving.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by markoJEK1 View Post
    preloading is the best way to ruin you clutch , so if you're ready to spend $$ on numerous clutch kits go ahead, yes the preloading method seems to work well because you dont lose traction as much and you get a nice 'zippy' start.

But for the best way to achieve good times and not have your clutch sh it itself within a few runs is finding the perfect line between maximum rpm and traction when you dump the clutch. It is very difficult to get traction this way on street tyres, but the most effective and least damaging to your clutch. If you run stickies you will have no problem with this and will get the best 60 ft, Especially if you are using launch control.

preloading = fail is the main point
    Just stop buying shit clutches... winrar!

no point buying an high HP clutch when a stock NA wont put out anything close to that, exedy heavy duty holds up very well on most NA cars, yonas even runs it in his 11 sec monster, good 1000hp clutch or 300hp clutch, either will get stuffed if you ride it / use it wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    I havn't read the whole thread but the way I launch is by preloading like some of you.

I found that it's really effective on street tyres.
    Also I have a ceramic clutch waiting to go in my car, they dont get as hot as the organics meaning they wont slip as quickly iirc.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    I've been on the same clutch for 2 years and have done over 50+ passes with it without any issues and 99% of the time this has included a pre-loaded launch and a 5,000rpm clutch dump to do a skid in the waterbox.

I guess it all depends on how you drive it and the quality of your clutch.