Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by RICER23Q View Post
    Yeah but the point is Victor Bray's actions are actually justified.
    he's burnout may be justified but they don't have to be as big as they are

he does bigger burnouts than he's competitors see fit to do

he doesn't do them because he needs to and if he doesn't he will get beat because he's competitors do smaller ones and still beat him

he does them so big because he is known for them

and how do think he became known for them it was because track marshalls wern't anal about it and let him be (you should know he's car wasn't always a top door slammer it started off in street trim)

My point is if you was a track marshall are you gona stand there and debate me on the start line

Edit: Also I don't do them so big because I feel I need to I do them so big because imo it's a chance to do a legal burnout not on the street endangering anyone else
    Last edited by ek4-guy; 03-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    They will still kick you off if you go 10 metres or so past the start line.

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Yes, but an ek civic is hardly crowd pleasing and quite frankly... just lame

Victor Bray/any sub 8 second car doing one is crowd pleasing and if you don't like it, then you're gay.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Yes, but an ek civic is hardly crowd pleasing and quite frankly... just lame

Victor Bray/any sub 8 second car doing one is crowd pleasing and if you don't like it, then you're gay.
    lol i hardly do them to please the local bogans

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Also I have only done the one really big burnout and I did it out of curiosity I wanted to see what kind of burnout my car could do legally.

I guess I must just be lucky they didn't kick me off for going more than 10 past the start line

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Definatly do a burnout in 2nd Lyle.....

The point of biggest load spike and stress on your driveline is the point before you break traction launching or dumping in to the next gear.

You will not brake anything in a burnout on the water and when you burnout off the water, the driveline is already pre-loaded.

Spikes in load will may/will damage driveline. Wheel hop also causes spikes. Its because your wheel is hopping you gain traction/loose traction. Each time you gain traction again, this causes a spike in load through the driveline.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Quote Originally Posted by GnJracing View Post
    If you woried about snapping drivelines, I would suggest you preload on your launches - I have not broken one driveline part using this technique.
    Can you explain how you do this? i've always been worried about this also

I've been doing burn outs in 2nd also its alot easier to spin the tyres
    Last edited by Limbo; 03-01-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    lyle.......i have used toyo r888 for drag racing, although not the best suited tyre for drag racing, it has served me well......

i always do second gear rev dump at bout 5500rpm and let the car pull itself out of the water with hand break on......

my launch is at around 4500-5000rpm as my vtec engagement is at 4500rpm, however my launch is not rev dump, its rev and slip/ride clutch off the line...........i also found that the best tyre pressure for me was 14psi.........

good luck next time u head out.............

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbo View Post
    Can you explain how you do this? i've always been worried about this also
    1. Stage
    2. Put car into gear
    3. Pull handbrake up, but leave your finger on the button
    4. Bring revs upto desired amount for the launch
    5. Pull the clutch out to the friction point where it is just grabbing and the car wants to move forward, but not too forward for the car to move over the beams, thus pre-loading it.
    6. When lights go green, pull down handbrake and go

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    1. Stage
    2. Put car into gear
    3. Pull handbrake up, but leave your finger on the button
    4. Bring revs upto desired amount for the launch
    5. Pull the clutch out to the friction point where it is just grabbing and the car wants to move forward, but not too forward for the car to move over the beams, thus pre-loading it.
    6. When lights go green, pull down handbrake and go
    Thanks for that mate. ill deffinately give that a go in the next few weeks !
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    the above technique is good...but u dont want to be pre loading for too long.............as riding the clutch can cause it to slip once engaged.............maybe use this technique once the other car has staged up and is ready so ur not pre loading for too long

Member Array
    Car:
    the non-honda type
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    the above technique is good...but u dont want to be pre loading for too long.............as riding the clutch can cause it to slip once engaged.............maybe use this technique once the other car has staged up and is ready so ur not pre loading for too long
    Thats why the first step is to stage