Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    wow..soo many comment....anyone want to give a go with my car?..hehe...i think alot of people will have a great time beating my car while launching...because i'm the worst there'll ever be....hahaha...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    Correct, but i think the main purpose of using the handbrake is to semi lauch the car into a lauching position. by preset your vehicle to "lauch mode" as in lifting the front manually. This would stop the car rocking on luach reducing wheel spin.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR JDM
    The handbrake is up to stop the car from moving...
    Because he releases the clutch enough for it to grip, if the handbreak wasn't up, the car would just launch... but not to the extent that he wants it to
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Member Array
    Car:
    K20-EG Drag Car
    Well I launch between 7500-8500in my civic.. I dont have a hand brake as such I have a Launch Brake.. Its basically a Hand brake lever that sticks up beside the Gear lever that doesnt have a locking mech in it.. I hold the rear brakes on to stop the car from moving and so it starts to load the Driveshafts then on my last light before the Green I let the clutch and launch brake go give it the rest of the throttle.. I spin first like anything then smack 2nd before the shift light comes on...
    I run my RT's between 0.01-0.1 away from perfect and run 1.55-1.65 60fts all day..

Member Array
    Car:
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Non Vtec
    I run my RT's between 0.01-0.1 away from perfect and run 1.55-1.65 60fts all day..
    That some seriously quick times.

make it simple 2 ways to launch a civic well it has to be type r or VTIR.
    Hold it at about 5-6 grand.. and when they say goooo you drop that clutch... wheels will spin, ur tacho will flutter around red line, and then as SOON as it stops to flutter it will go straight to redline, so as this happens u have to change (hard one to learn) or u canhold ur revs about 3-4k and then slip the cluth as u launch.... but plz don't rev rev rev ur car, hold the revs at 4k dun just rev up and down...