wanted to know more about spacers

ok so i need to get my head around the spacers thing

if i wanna run spacers, > 3mm, what do i need to buy so i don't have to buy the extended threading studs

how do the extended threading stud work?

so whats the difference between slip on and bolt on :S ( if that is even the two different ones )

how do the hub centric things work when they change to x100 to x114.3 :S
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    im running spacers in my teg!

only get bolt on, they bolt onto your existing hub, and then u bolt your wheels onto the new hub..... so u dont lose any thread depth!

H&R - the way to go.

wat are u after 5 x 114.3?

mine could be for sale... pm me mike.

hms i still can't understand it, doe anyone have pictures? so you bolt i on your hubs, but wouldnt the existing studs be in the way and block it :S

nah i just wanna know for my own knowledge

Google H&R spacers.

alright, so you slip on the spacer, and the extended nuts screw ontop of ur existing studs?

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    i just got bolt on spacers 15mm lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    yeah, u take off ur wheel, mount this on, jsut like a wheel, ti comes with existing nuts... they sit flush or jsut above the sapcer... most wheels leave sspace for this, but the nut always sits udner the spacer!

then u mount teh wheel onto the new hub.. which is why its caleld hub centrric bolt on. i'll send u a pic:

oh so, the spacer is wide enough that it covers the existing studs, and it has its own studs, which are the new studs u bolt the wheels too, and it keeps it 5x114.3 or u can change it to 100? rite?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    my ones are for 5x114.3 only.

o orite bro sweet thank for the help

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    mwaku make sure u get ones that covers ur oem stud completely. i got 15mm on mine and my oem studs sticks out abit lol

And get ones with brands. I got buddyclub on mine. dont buy those ebay non branded ones coz their studs arent strong

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by im.Kusuma View Post
    mwaku make sure u get ones that covers ur oem stud completely. i got 15mm on mine and my oem studs sticks out abit lol

And get ones with brands. I got buddyclub on mine. dont buy those ebay non branded ones coz their studs arent strong
    If ur existing studs poke out, make sure ur wheels (on the inside) have the room inside... But imo, if ur gonna buy spacers, but aggrrsive ones!! Make it worth it michael