Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA ACCORD 95

back left window problem...

Hii guys just wondering i hv honda accord 95 model and my back window nt working properly...once it goes dwn, it wouldn't let me put it back up.bt sumtimes when i just left it for couple a hours the window goes up again u noe.....so jst wondering if u guys ever have de same problem with there honda accord 95 before??can some1 help me out wit the problem pls thanks..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    Hey mate... it sounds like you have a sticking window seal.. if the window moves in the up direction and then stops, tilts on a sideways movement or judders, the seals most likey need to be lubricated and cleaned by using some silicone spray or similar. If the window is not moving at all when you are closing it, the window switch and motor assembly connections will need to be inspected by pulling off the door trim for starters.
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HONDA ACCORD 95
    ohk thanks alot dude..i have clean the motor nad nw working really well...thanks for ur help

Not sure if this applies, but it is a common problem with civics and might be relevant.

The silicone grease Mr Honda applies to the window rubbers slowly dries out and attracts dust.

This ultimately reduces it's ability to lubricate at all, indeed, as seen, will act as a friction surface and overload the window motors.

> by using some silicone spray

The spray is very light and designed to evaporate.
    A thicker grease is probably better for longevity.

A product called "Shin-Etsu" grease is what I've read to be recommended.
    Good luck finding a Honda dealer who's heard of it.

I'm sure there are alternatives.
    Truck trailer curtain silicone lubricant has been suggested to me.
    As I don't know anything about trucks, this is a dead end to me.

Maybe do a Inet search on "Shin-Etsu" and "part number" and take that info into a stealership and insist Honda carry it, and they can get it in.

Nick.
    Last edited by nd55; 06-01-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:

The dealership I went to insisted it doesn't exist (Honda North) but I rang one of the other ones and they stock it as Honda S2000 roof grease or something. Both places claimed they only used some CRC silicone spray on their seals so I went out and bought some of that, and as above it is light and seems like only a temporary solution..

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    you can just go to supercheap or autobarn and buy some silicone spray, I don't understand the whole "go to honda to pay more for a commonly distributed item". I understand parts that you actually need to source from honda, but silicone spray? thats like buying distilled water from honda.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    im having the same problem too but with my front passenger side window. it allows me to go down but not up. And sometimes it wont let me go up or down at all. But when I push the rubber on the inner part of the door, it feel like I am pushing something relating to the electrics and the window works fine normal again..

> I understand parts that you actually need to source from honda, but silicone spray?

Shin-Etsu isn't a spray.

It's a thick gooey grease (in a tube) which is made from a silicone oil base.

There are many silicone greases about. This is what's recommended.

An oil based grease may attack the rubber seals.
    I can't remember which types of rubber are not hydrocarbon safe or conversely what the window seals are made of.

Nick.