Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic TypeR '07 FN2

Noob Questions on FN2R sound system

Hey Guys!

Ive got an FN2r atm and i want to put a system in it. I have little knowledge on audio but ive heard that the fn2 is one of the hardest things to put a system in coz all the controls behind the dash are all integrally linked.

I want the system to look stock i guess and just replace the current speakers with new beefier ones. I'd like to add a sub and put it in the boot too.

Is it possible to use the current audio controls in the car (both the volume wheel and the steering controls) to control the new system? Otherwise will i have to import a double din facia for the car and get a headunit put in?

I want to do this as easy as possible but want to know the right way to go about it. Any FN2 experts out there that can help me out????

Cheers,

TJ

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    From my knowledge
    Seeing how you don't want a seperate amp for the new speakers, its just a matter of taking out the old, wiring up and putting in the new.
    Regarding the sub, you would need an amp for the sub so you would need to check if the stock headunit has an RCA pre out for the amp. If not, then you will need to get an aftermarket headunit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    well an amp would infact be required i guess. Especially if a sub was to go in. I could picture an amp and sub in the boot, lying flush with the rear of the back seats. Though my intention was to improve the overall sound using the stock speaker placements of the car, replacing them with some good quality stuff.

Anyone know a place in Melbourne that would be able to answer my question? Or is there anyone out there that has done such a thing to their type r?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    many new cars provide rear out RCA's... just check find out maybe maybe not

aftermarket headunits to conenct up to steering wheel controls... i think
    alpine produces a compatible unit for this function... just go to northfield or
    something and ask them... i dont know whether yous have northfield down there.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    i dont know if you are able to replace the fn2r dash unless there is a fascia kit available (which i havent heard of) so pretty much your gonna have the stock head unit, which means you dont have to mess around and get to keep the steering wheel controls etc.

just grab a line out converter which coverts the signal that the head unit sends out the speakers to signals which you can use with rca cables. the unit i have atm is the jl audio cleansweep cl441dsp. theres others from rockford fosgate and alpine but the jl audio one did the job for me.

from there on its just the matter of getting amps, speakers, sub and wiring them all together.

hope that helps

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I think i will keep the headunit stock. Lets hope it has those RCA outs at the back of it then. How can i find that out?

So essentially the amp gets connected to the RCA outs at the back of the headunit then cabling is run from the amp to my new speakers and sub?

is there any way to adjust the bass of the sub remotely from the drivers seat somehow?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    there is no RCA out from the OEM one, use a Focal Amp the model is Solid 1 come with the sub bass controller so you can adjust the sub from the front, its using auto sensing so the amp will turn ON only if there is a signal / music, so you don't need any trigger to turn the amp ON if you are running High Level to the Amp, for more info please click here,

if you need some pricing please PM me
    Last edited by aka_NSX; 08-01-2009 at 07:02 PM.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by TJHoolio View Post
    I think i will keep the headunit stock. Lets hope it has those RCA outs at the back of it then. How can i find that out?

So essentially the amp gets connected to the RCA outs at the back of the headunit then cabling is run from the amp to my new speakers and sub?

is there any way to adjust the bass of the sub remotely from the drivers seat somehow?
    as aka_nsx said, there isnt ne RCA outputs from the OEM head unit.

the only way i can think of is adjusting the sub via the drivers seat is the bass settings in the stock head unit. when using that method it would also adjust the bass in the speakers as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Ok so if there is no RCA outs on the back of the headunit, how will the amp and the speakers connected to it hook up with the headunit? mind you the intention is to control the speakers with the existing headunit so the steering wheel controls will still work as will the CD player.

Is the Focal Amp the only one to have separate bass controls?

Member Array
    Car:
    34 Rod/ FN2R CW
    Ok

Yes there is a facia available you will need to purchase it from the UK.

The PAC unit will adapt your steering wheel controls to nearly all brand named decks on the market today....

I have fitted

Type x speakers to my doors

a double din Alpine deck and two amps with 10 inch sub

You need to extend the wires for your stockm deck and hide it either in your glovebox behind the dash or near your spare wheel....this enables the clock and aircon displays to still operate

any questions please PM me...i am very happy to help...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    Ok

Yes there is a facia available you will need to purchase it from the UK.

The PAC unit will adapt your steering wheel controls to nearly all brand named decks on the market today....

I have fitted

Type x speakers to my doors

a double din Alpine deck and two amps with 10 inch sub

You need to extend the wires for your stockm deck and hide it either in your glovebox behind the dash or near your spare wheel....this enables the clock and aircon displays to still operate

any questions please PM me...i am very happy to help...
    O i understand. Moving these bits and pieces sounds technical, i really dont want much to go wrong. Does anyone know where in Melbourne one could go to get all this done? Any audio places known for doing up FN2R's?

What would be better, the sub box in the boot or under the rear seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    i dont know if you are able to replace the fn2r dash unless there is a fascia kit available (which i havent heard of) so pretty much your gonna have the stock head unit, which means you dont have to mess around and get to keep the steering wheel controls etc.

just grab a line out converter which coverts the signal that the head unit sends out the speakers to signals which you can use with rca cables. the unit i have atm is the jl audio cleansweep cl441dsp. theres others from rockford fosgate and alpine but the jl audio one did the job for me.

from there on its just the matter of getting amps, speakers, sub and wiring them all together.

hope that helps

actually you CAN replace the radio. I sell the OE panels to do so.

want more info - ASK ME!