Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Bargain or Piece of SHit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

if its good... say so cos i'm on the verge of ordering

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    hey when/if you get it. Let me know what's involved with fitting it to your car. What other parts did you have to buy for it to work and so on...coz ive been thinking of getting something similar..just not sure what's involved with it and whether i will be spending more just to get it put in.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    I've done a LITTLE research man... if i got that kit, at the minimal level (presuming i run low boost of 6psi daily)... i would need injectors, fuel pump, oil catch can/pan woteva they are called, and a ecu. Ur looking at prolly 500+ for install and tune i reckon

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    damn so it's gonna cost another 2000+ dollars to get it running...too expensive

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    nah u can get it running pretty much when u buy the kit... though thats from what i know (which isnt much btw, ask Weq or someone first)

so along with the kit... u had better get a fuel pump straight away (200 bucks) some injectors (200 if u buy 2nd hand) and then somehwo mechanically retard ur ignition before u can afford an ECU to retard it for u

u'll prolly want to upgrade oil delivery system as well first (though i have NoooooooooOOOOOOOOOo idea exactlay wots involved) which i think involves some sort of oil catch can or somethinggg... u can upgrade ur sump later

basically its not going to cost u 2 grand above the kit... BUT thats presuming the kit is good, which i'm not sure about yet

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    u dont need a fuel pump or oil pump for a non-built setup.

that gear is shit. its SSautocrhome and they are know for shitty manifolds which WILL crack (the bracing, if any, does nothing, the welds suck) the turbo is a reco'd thing with crappy parts/seals used and the wastegate is horrific.. the only good part is the downpipe, but i hardly think u will retain A/C with a 3"'er on that setup. the last person i know who bought an SSAuctocrhome kit, the downpipe was no where near fitting

move along...!
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    hahaha thanks weq : )

For that kit you wil need to use the smaller radiator like the B16's. Weq is right. SSautochrome's manifolds have a good rep for cracking in a couple months of use. You'll need to buget a fair bit more if you want a decent power upgrade using forced induction. Main thing is the ecu. Don't skimp on the electronics and fuel side of things. Your ecu needs to be able to cope with boost (engine check light, limp mode!).

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    thanks thanks alll : ) i know i need an oil pump and fuel punp and prolly something the on the lines of a Greddy Emanage... but i thought this woulda beena bargain package to get the essential things. ah well...

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 Civic VTi
    u dont need an oil and fuel pump if ur running stock bottomend... honda's are engineered well. if u go fuel pump (for whatever reason) u will need a new fuel pressure regulator because most, if not all, aftermarket pumps will increase ur fuel pressure.
    [TNT] Team No Traction - Cos No Traction Is Underrated

Two turbos, is better then one.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    Hey, since this is my quesiton thread...and i dont wanna start another one to waste memory/badnwith/etc

can i ask wot a T70 Turbo is?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Civic Turbo
    yeh man thats a pretty good price id say. but it is far from a complete kit as long as your understand that. Good to get your started though