Member Array
    Car:
    Civic

D16Y8 driveshaft passenger side

I have a low clicking sound coming from that side and due to the inner boot leak, my asumption at the moment is that the joint has been worn down.

After getting a quote for both a new driveshaft and also the joint on its own (and getting advice from the dealer that it's far to expensive to even consider, lol), I am now considering a rebuild, has anyone had an expirences with this in the past?

*on a side note the price for one driveshaft is nearly the cost of 2 billet items, lol

Any info is helpful and will get rep points
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    ok im in for the rep points.

ring afew driveshaft shops in bris and gold coast and ask prices on rebuilds or for a swap as some shops will just swap one for one for $x.xx amount. or if your really keen dubdubdubdotdriveshaftshopdotcom.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    driveshaft reco shud be around $116 plus GST from driveline when shane auto part have a complete brand new drive shaft for $90

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    that's alright, the price from the dealer if anyone is keen to know is $675 supplied or for the joint that is needed alone $440

but for that I can just about get custom ones made, see what option the mech has today as he was replacing my leaky inner drive boot

those; Civic Level 2.9 SOHC 475HP axles----------RA2897X2 / RA2898X2 did look pretty impressive
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 06-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    that's alright, the price from the dealer if anyone is keen to know is $675 supplied or for the joint that is needed alone $440

but for that I can just about get custom ones made, see what option the mech has today as he was replacing my leaky inner drive boot

those; Civic Level 2.9 SOHC 475HP axles----------RA2897X2 / RA2898X2 did look pretty impressive

you never go genuine with this kind of stuff man as its always so expensive.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    yea the guy who always does a great job at the dealership even said he wouldn't recommend selling me one, instead offering rebuild places lol

but I might hold off and get those axles I just mentioned, see if he's near any of my relatives back home, pretty good deal, seeing as the yen won't budge prob boost my ride instead

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    yeh thats a better idea man. even get the shafts and get your dealer to put them in for you if you trust there work.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    nah, I'd never go to my dealer for the work, thought about it in the past for the timing belt and water pump, I can justify their labour costs, lol. Even tho they have the 2nd cleanest workshop I've ever seen, literally you'd be able to eat off the floor it's that immaculate

I'd hate to find another mech if this guy moves for the shit that's over my head, lol

sent an email to that place to see how much shipping is
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 06-01-2009 at 10:49 AM.

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A EVO X
    let us know how you go mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    why would u need those axles ryan
    your car isnt making that power
    just get 2nd hand ones or rebuilt ones

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    ended up finding some new OEM-replacement for $195 each, which isn't too bad, cheers for all the info guys

close thread I supose?

I love J-Cups