Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Why is everyone recommending rims and tyres without knowing what car this guy has?
    he said it comes stock with 14in...

unless it is a freak car, a +1 fitment would be a 15in with 50 or 60 series...

since the toyo 205/50R15's are so common - that is why i recommended them...

and since the topic is not "should i run semis or streets", i stayed on topic.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    he said it comes stock with 14in...

unless it is a freak car, a +1 fitment would be a 15in with 50 or 60 series...

since the toyo 205/50R15's are so common - that is why i recommended them...

and since the topic is not "should i run semis or streets", i stayed on topic.
    Fair call. Sorry I missed the "stocks are 14s" part .

15s are the go then. No need to worry about brake clearance especially if the OP wants to upgrade to bigger brakes in the future. Plenty of semis in 205/50 15 but that is a little taller than stock, which might be a good idea to slightly lower the overall gearing if you have a fair bit of power.

Bridgestone RE55s come in a 195/50 15 which is a bit closer to stock diameter, and they are a decent tyre.

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Fair call. Sorry I missed the "stocks are 14s" part .

15s are the go then. No need to worry about brake clearance especially if the OP wants to upgrade to bigger brakes in the future. Plenty of semis in 205/50 15 but that is a little taller than stock, which might be a good idea to slightly lower the overall gearing if you have a fair bit of power.

Bridgestone RE55s come in a 195/50 15 which is a bit closer to stock diameter, and they are a decent tyre.
    yeah, the 195/50R15's might be better on a swift? but maybe not if it is a fully high-po one...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

yer that was what i was thinking.. 195/50/15s

if your turboing and wanting to track your car, have you considered using a 7" wide rim and using 205/45/16?... you'll be surprised how much a difference a wider tyre and lower profile tyres can do for your ride

car is already turboed.. im guessing 16s will be too big and will have scrapage also tire wall will be too small to absorb bumps. and going too big of a rim would effect the gearing also.

Widest rims that will fit in the guards, with smallest diameter that will fit over your brakes - less mass and tyres are cheaper in smaller diameters.

Narrow (i.e. stock 6") rims make sidewalls feel floppy, go wider before you band-aid it and go bigger. Big rims and tyres add much sprung weight, you'll hate it on a light car.

Gearing is usually not a factor since you can change the tyre profile to keep the same rolling diameter.