[CL9] Window auto up/down for passenger side

Just wondering if anyone knows how the auto-up/down works on the drivers side door/window? It is just the switch that controls the function and if so can you just purchase that switch and install it on the passenger side (and on the driver's side)?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    I'd think it would be the actual chip under the switches and there would be a sensor in the driver's side door that senses when it's all the way up/down?
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Toda - 127kW | Wakefield - 1:19.1 | WSID - 15.4

QUALITY K-SERIES AND CL9 EURO PARTS FOR SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    ^^^ I agree. There's some fancy electronics involved that sense a higher load when the window encounters an obstacle on it's auto way up and down. I don't think it would fit in the passenger side.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

dang, i was hoping the "controller" was within the switch.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    It could be as simple as the window pushing a button when it reaches the fully up or down position, not as complicated as a pressure sensor. I'm sure it could be modified for auto on both sides (which would be a cool little mod)
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro MY06 Std Auto
    I don't know about any special chip but the switches themselves are different. The driver's switch has 2 stages: press softly and it will just go up/down and harder if you want auto up/down. You can feel the different resistance from one to another. Just like a SLR camera's shutter button. A friend's older Camry has driver's auto DOWN but not UP.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eva
    Quote Originally Posted by ^__^ SM ^__^ View Post
    I don't know about any special chip but the switches themselves are different. The driver's switch has 2 stages: press softly and it will just go up/down and harder if you want auto up/down. You can feel the different resistance from one to another. Just like a SLR camera's shutter button. A friend's older Camry has driver's auto DOWN but not UP.
    The chip would have the 2 stages that you feel through the switch
    CL9 Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord CL9
    is the Auto window have any safety device? when something blocked the window while it is going up / closing, will it auto return back down?
    Accord Basic

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    I just had a look at the wiring diagram and its not only the switches that are different, the motors appear different to. The is also a door multiplex control unit which I guess "controls" everything.

I know you can buy automatic window controllers that automatically close windows (for example when you set your alarm).

If your keen you can build one yourself, Google this as is: "Power window controller" fieros