Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Integra Vti-R wont start??

Hey guys, i was just driving normally in my honda Integra DC2 vti-R and all of a sudden it just died out. There was no crunching noises or burning smells, could this be the fuel pump or possibly the distributor? any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    560hp
    after awhile does it start up again?

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    any other information? Could also be your ignition switch. Hondas are pron for that

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Sorry to hi-jack but recently my car has been taking longer to turn over, but it only happens some times.

Anyone know why?

Member Array
    Car:
    '11 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    Sorry to hi-jack but recently my car has been taking longer to turn over, but it only happens some times.

Anyone know why?
    could be many things. check your battery first

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by koevi View Post
    Hey guys, i was just driving normally in my honda Integra DC2 vti-R and all of a sudden it just died out. There was no crunching noises or burning smells, could this be the fuel pump or possibly the distributor? any ideas?

Koevi is it even turning over when you try to start it? If its not then start with battery first like others have said. But if it is it could be many problems. If you want to check your fuel pump you will need to check the fuel pressure. If you dont have an aftermarket Fuel pressure reg with guage you can buy a Compression/fuel Pressure Reader from Super cheap for 20-30 bucks. While your at it Check your Compression of all 4 cylinders, make sure they are consistent. Also open your dizzy cap and check that nothing has broken in there.

When the car died what happened? did it sound like someone removing a Key Mid drive? or did it Cough and back fire? or did it run on two cylinders and then come to a stop?
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post

Anyone know why?
    I had this issue after converting my car from D15b4 series to b series. It was an issue with the Compression in the fuel tank/pump Not to sure which but it had something to do with it. So when the fuel tank was full it would instantly start but when the fuel was almost empty it would take a few kicks over to compress the fuel pump/tank then it would start.

Not to sure if its the same issue but just throwing that out there.

s tune Array
    Car:
    99 DC2 sold :(
    obvious and stupid I know but you have fuel?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by T-onedc2 View Post
    obvious and stupid I know but you have fuel?
    Not as stupid as it sounds. I read a story about a guy who was having trouble with a boosted Z33 engine, car was trailored to three shops (with considerable cost spent) only to find out the eventual cause was no fuel in the car.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I just towed it back to my house before, yea it has more then half of Fuel left. When i try to start it, it wont start up at all...it just keeps trying to start up. Hmm it wouldnt be the battery would it? cause i was driving it and it died out plus the headlights,windows,etc works fine. Thanks for the info guys, gona see a mechanic on monday =). hopefully it wont rip a hole through my pocket

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    I just towed it back to my house before, yea it has more then half of Fuel left. When i try to start it, it wont start up at all...it just keeps trying to start up. Hmm it wouldnt be the battery would it? cause i was driving it and it died out plus the headlights,windows,etc works fine. Thanks for the info guys, gona see a mechanic on monday =). hopefully it wont rip a hole through my pocket
    Should just get RAC to check it out and maybe diagnose it if he cant fix it

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    when u turn your ignition on do you hear the fuel pump prime?
    thats an easy test.

its probably an ignition coil.
    high probability.