Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by riruiz_88 View Post
    to OP, so you are able to get Focal speakers in? i have gotten some prices, and would like to know if thats only for 1 set of splits or does it include both sides for the car?
    PM sent, THANKS

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Inspiring.
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_NSX View Post
    why so many people so worry about the tweeter placement, I can guarantee 99% of you can't even tell where is the tweeter located in someone with a good SQ set-up in theirs car IF you enter the car with your eyes close then you just sit and listening to the music .............
    i could in a amatuer system so put fussy me in that 1%, but even more i'd definately be able to tell you that it is not in the right spot due to bad imaging or dull off-axis or bright on-axis response. to me tweeter placement is vital for over all sq and imaging.

so i'm guessing your a focal dealer hence the push with all focal gear. and i personally love focal. i, in my first 2 competitive cars used focal speakers. the second being the one that won the qld caasq title. very revealing tweets. but dyns are dyns.

in eks with speakers mounted into the door card and not the door here is a great sugestion. seal the gap between the door and car with closed cell foam around speaker. i did one level higher than this as the foam could squish to close that gap. worked very well. much more solid midbass just from this alone.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    i could in a amatuer system so put fussy me in that 1%, but even more i'd definately be able to tell you that it is not in the right spot due to bad imaging or dull off-axis or bright on-axis response. to me tweeter placement is vital for over all sq and imaging.

so i'm guessing your a focal dealer hence the push with all focal gear. and i personally love focal. i, in my first 2 competitive cars used focal speakers. the second being the one that won the qld caasq title. very revealing tweets. but dyns are dyns.

in eks with speakers mounted into the door card and not the door here is a great sugestion. seal the gap between the door and car with closed cell foam around speaker. i did one level higher than this as the foam could squish to close that gap. worked very well. much more solid midbass just from this alone.
    well, you can say that but I know what the sound has to be and I know my sound staging is good with the tweetr on that spot

well I know there is some ppl with Dyns set up in his car and sound really bad but I'm not saying Dyns is bad compare with Focal coz I used to own Dyns speaker on my Comp car back in 14-15 yrs ago and has been winning in the Pro division but I'm still using the Focal Fiberglass Tweeter TN46, you can't even find any Dynaudio or Focal dealer back then

good point, actually I have got the Plainchant on the door shell and around the speaker panel

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    Hmm good build..

what do you recommend for this..

5.25 fronts

6.5splits rear or 6x9 rear

with a slim 8inch sub?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by TONTON View Post
    Hmm good build..

5.25 fronts

with a slim 8inch sub?
    if you are in Sydney, you can come and have a listen then you can decide

whether FOCAL is really suit your taste of music because so many good

brand out there . . .

and I can show you one of the FOCAL 10" woofer with built in AMP that

can fit under the seat too

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by TONTON View Post
    Hmm good build..

5.25 fronts

with a slim 8inch sub?
    6.5 splits front. slim 8 or 10 inch sub. forget about 6x9s or 5.25"s

rears, either have nothing or keep whatevers there now & fade forward, or just stick with new coax 6.5 at the rears. or whatever the stock rear size is.

6.5 dont fit up front? make them! all it takes is a mdf spacer

Can you recommend me a set up - looking at 4" speakers + 1" tweeters.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Awesome system Laski!!! I was surprised with the SQ and bass output with this very basic system.

Cheers
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc