Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si 4WS

Shopping for a Prelude

Hi, all,

Looking to buy a VTi-R prelude, with between 120,XXX and 150,XXX, what should i look out for and what price range do you think is acceptable?

Ive found a few in the bracket for $10,000 to $14,000...

Cheers..

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    I was looking for BB6 for a while and the only VTi-R's I found that were in excellent condition with under 150,000klms were around the $18k mark. The others i'd looked at around the $13-15k range all had either higher klms or visible things (cosmetic or mechanical) wrong with them.

Then again it's completely up to you - if you want to save some coin you could opt for one that's slightly 'worse for wear'.

Obviously make sure it has a RWC and do the normal under bonnet and undercarriage checks (oil leaks, split cv boots etc).
    FN2R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Hey guys i got a mate whos selling his prelude, it's been looked after really well and i think has only hit 100,000KM not long ago.

PM me if you need further details. I'm sure he wouldnt be asking $18,000

Thanks, Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si 4WS
    how long ago were you looking for the BB6??

if you want 120k-150k then you will be looking at a 00-01 model i guess..should be around $14-15k
    97-99 models will have 150-170k on average.
    will be around 11-13k

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Last edited by jim57a; 11-01-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    My 160k '00 model without any mechanical or cosmetic damage was 11k.
    Runs beautifully, great economy etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    My ATTS has less than 50k on it and it is a '97 ('96 actually). Not selling it, just saying...

wow so that's less than 5000km per year...
    and the oil would of been changed every 2500km as it's not good to leave oil for more than 6 months in an engine i heard
    lol

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    i got mine below the 100000Km mark and its 99 model and it doing well. But if your buying a lude over 100000km mark make sure you get the timing belt checked before buying. Some people dont change it ? im doing mine in the next month or so. Look for a prelude with service history of any kind such as receipts and so on. If they cared about the car they would of kept it knowing the next person if they ever sold it would want to know about the cars history. Mine came with logbooks and a list of mechanics and honda dealers that delt with the car so i could verify it being serviced and if there were any repeated problems with the car.

ive given my mechanic an old 2007 diary that i had to keep note of the dates of my car being serviced for his records. So he can verify to whoever (if it happens) that the car has been treated this way and only the best has gone into the car?

So keep in mind those who care about their car will go out of their way at times.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si 4WS
    Awesome people,

thanks for the reply's

i am some what obsessive about maintaining cars so i fully understand PreludeMan.

safteycar, thats just not fair you have your hands on that car!!

Quote Originally Posted by preludeman View Post
    i got mine below the 100000Km mark and its 99 model and it doing well.Some people dont change it ? im doing mine in the next month or so.

10 year old car with <100,000k?
    the timing belt should of be done every 5 years anyway.

mine is around180km..97 model..it appears mine has been changed twice.

first was done by honda around 2002 (when the car was 5 years old but only had 80,000km)
    not sure when the second one was done..guessing 150,000km/a few years ago..
    i will definately get it done when i hit 200k anyway for peace of mind.

when i was looking at mine it drove heaps smooth. everyone works great in the car. that's all that mattered to me when i got it.
    i'm guessing a poorly maintained car would be obvious straight away when you drive it right?
    i did services straight away and hasn't been a prob for the last 10months or so.
    Last edited by migoreng; 13-01-2009 at 05:59 PM.