Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    got my prelude 99 for 11750 with 114,000MS. slight scratches under door handle (she has nails). and a scar on the front bumper

other then that, full service every 10KMs, logbooks, receipts all that. he (the bf) had it advertised for 14.5k. so yeah, go look at them in person first, then give them an offer.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

service every 10,000km? its spose to be every 5,000km?

honda says 10,000KM in the log book? :S

service/general checkup every 10,000km/6 months
    that's what the log book says

every 5000km is just something people do if they really care about their car. people just change their oil and filter.

so every 5000KM spend 100$ to change oil and filter?

that's if you really care..
    $100?
    something like FEO + filter = $35ish and $15

oil these days can last 10,000km

i empty all my fluids and replace them every 5000km...

these include:
    FEO honda oil
    oil filter (obviously cause i change the oil)
    brake fluid
    coolant (just a top up if needed i dont flush and replace this 1)
    power steering

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si 4WS
    What about clutch fluid if manual, and or trans or gearbox fluid??

^^I guess only if your really keen^^

generally its 5000km for basic oil and such for hard stop and go driving and 10,000km for easier "country" crusing

so, one could assume 5000km intervals for most city cars is relevant.
    Last edited by trethus; 13-01-2009 at 10:51 PM.

tranny oil (manual) is kinda hard for me to do cause u gota fill it upwards, so i dont do it. my mechanic does it for me every 7500km

Member Array
    Car:
    99 Prelude VTIR
    yeah filters and oil change are done every 5000kms but tranny oil change a little hard lol. I do injector clean on mine as well with a throttle body and acc cleanout as well. The amount of crap that u find in your acc when u clean it out is insane!! How do u do your brakefluid thoe SXC-84k?? actually how do you bleed your brakes on a 5th gen lude??? sorry for hijacking thread btw "gullhhh" *grabs colla*

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Prelude Si 4WS
    Thats cool, good conversation happenin here...

by the way how am i to gain member status so i can advertise ma car on here???

i just get a small tube and attach it to the caliper, theres a brake line sorta thing there which i replace with the small tube. put the end of a tube into a bucket, go inside the car and pump the brakes and then hold. repeat this step a few times and go outside to check if its all out (alot easier to do with 2 people, 1 person pumps and the other checks). then top it up with the brake fluid and pump on the brakes again. at 1st it will be really light, then after a few pumps the brake will soon firm up, which is what u want it to be.