Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    I'll probably do what EG30 suggests... and stick to my re001 for now.. and replacement them with AD08 or RE001s again when needed...

Btw, can anyone recommend a good camber setting and tyre pressure for a dc2 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    should be similar to the eg setting prev posted. They share the same chassis layout
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Jut put on re001 on s2 replaced so2 front and so3 rear. re001 no where near as good...they squeal like a pig..everyone can hear you ripping it up..so2/3 had a similar feel to R rated tyres..would not waste my time with these at the track as the amount of grip you get from r rated tyres would make you feel a lot more secure on the track

interesting. first i've heard of somebody who doesn't like the re001's

Quote Originally Posted by power_of_dreams View Post
    interesting. first i've heard of somebody who doesn't like the re001's
    same. E240 on this forum was not far behind his PB ,on RE001's (1.11s or so on them) around wakie. They are simply a good road tyre so I think they perform great on the trackfor what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    same. E240 on this forum was not far behind his PB ,on RE001's (1.11s or so on them) around wakie. They are simply a good road tyre so I think they perform great on the trackfor what they are.
    whenI firststarted racing I went on road tires... they were melted by the end of the track day...first time out on semi slicks (aka r rated rubber) my time dropped by 9 sec...can be different fro everyone...when I used the so2/3 in the mountain street runs they would heat up nicely

oh for sure i agree semi slicks are fanstastic - and will drop your times. But its perhaps a better way to learn as best you can on a lesser tyre (such as RE001's) ,get as good as you can then finally use some semi slicks of choice and watch a few seconds drop off. The point of this thread is that RE001's , are good for the track and will give good results. Not race car worthy like semis but they are quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    oh for sure i agree semi slicks are fanstastic - and will drop your times. But its perhaps a better way to learn as best you can on a lesser tyre (such as RE001's) ,get as good as you can then finally use some semi slicks of choice and watch a few seconds drop off. The point of this thread is that RE001's , are good for the track and will give good results. Not race car worthy like semis but they are quite good.
    yeah I agree ...though if a tire is squeeling so much on the street, the compound is to hard,,it feels like a harder compound then so2/3...s02/3 would have been a good beginner tire for 1 track day..they heat up nicely and get that sticky look that semi s get when hot...if I had a photo of what the tire looked like when hot it would be more convincing...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S
    i just belted my adrenalins around the new MDTC and they were a bit lacking.

what was good was they held consistent tyre pressure throughout the day and i didn't have to keep letting pressure out.

found that they squeal a lot, but doesn't mean they are about to break loose. the side walls are also too soft.......but for a ultra high performance road tyre i still expected more.......

the adrenalins are a street tyre.......last no more than 1-2 laps on a track

Member Array
    Car:
    EGSi,DC2R,ED9
    yeah they sure squeal a lot and sidewall softish as a forgiving road tyre.

for road tyre with track biasing with B/stone's latest asym philosophy, you want the RE11, the RE-01R successor.

Re001 excels in maximising grip on the unloaded tyre by having more give on the widewalls and the outer and inner sidewalls are also diff in construction. The fact that they are quite good on the track is a bonus as B/stone doesnt market the RE001 as a track biased tyres like the RE11, and the newly released full semi slick RE11S.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    I find Re001 are pretty good. Maybe I haven't seen better.

Requires smoother driving to minimize squealing which I had on MTDC.

But of course, these tyres are cheap for 195/50/15 - $114 a corner.

Those who are looking for purely quickness then you should be looking for more hardcore tyres and hence pay the extra $$$. But for fun, I find these sufficiently good.

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by xntrik View Post
    May as well go semi-slicks? Or are you planning to track your street tyres, and hoping for a chance to still use em on the street after?
    Cause.. no chance.

Rubbish, I have tracked my current set of Toyo T1R's once at Wakefield, and once at Oran Park south (Both full days of driving) - More than a year later, I am still using the same set on the street with about 25-30% legal tread left. I have also done at least 15,000kms of street driving on them, since I have owned them over the 2 and a half year period.

Street tyres can be used on the track, and then used after on the street.
    They teach you alot tbh. You can get the rear of the car sliding around easier, and it teaches you control.
    But yeah, Semi's are better. But you cannn use street tyres.