Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic JDM EF9 SIR

MELB: Good Mechanic -

Hi everyone.

Im looking for a good mechanic in melbourne. I live in the eastern suburbs, (Ringwood) to be exact.

I purchased a 1989 JDM SIR Honda Civic EF9 a good 6months ago.
    I have had troubles with a local honda mechanic in blackburn who first inspected the car befor i purchased it.. And found later that the car had a lot of issues the mechanic never picked up. The company was (Ward While Motors) in box hill. So i will not use them, however..

Can any one refer me to a good mechanic in the area?
    The issues i have found so far with my car is that the parts can be hard to come by, or people just dont know what to look for or where to get them.
    Instead they just cut corners.

There are probley alot of good mechanics but i also need someone with a fair knowledge of my type of car so i can get the best out of it.

At the momment my car needs tuning, regular servicing and some mods / suggestions for impovements.

Thanks for taking the time to help!!
    Griff

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    PM'ed

Thanks, Chris

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    akmotorworks he is in ringwood and he is the most anal retentive mechanic ever. he will pick everything up on your car nad make you feel like you bought a POS even if its straight from the dealer.

good stuff! very pedantic!
    If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic JDM EF9 SIR
    Hey, thanks for the reply.

You both recommended (Akmotorworks) Sounds ideal.
    An there about a 2 second drive from my work!!
    I made an appointment to see them this wednesday. =D

Thanks again Griff
    Last edited by Griffo_2710; 12-01-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    akmotorworks he is in ringwood and he is the most anal retentive mechanic ever. he will pick everything up on your car nad make you feel like you bought a POS even if its straight from the dealer.

good stuff! very pedantic!
    LMAO, u talking about Andy or John.

Member Array
    Car:
    s14a
    LOL seriously bout these " good mechanic?" threads..
    they have been posted many many times before and always get the same answer/s.
    search the forum next time before asking questions, u may even learn something new bout ur car in the process.

*apologies to the OP if im being a b*tch bout it but its true.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    andy. John is much nicer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt
    shocking...never had any issues with ward while motors before. lol always been good to my car.
    -=¤§ ń Ĩ ģ ĥ ţ Ŵ ő Ł F §¤=- ™

info worth the rep point?
    WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by night_wolf View Post
    shocking...never had any issues with ward while motors before. lol always been good to my car.
    Same here, just installed Tein S Tech's with them on Friday. Top notch service.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic JDM EF9 SIR
    Arg sore subject with ward while. Basicly to cut things short. Befor i purchased my car i had had many racv checks. They were fantastic and stoped me from buying a couple of stuffed cars.
    While i was in the purchasing stage, my EF9 was getting its rwc at ward while motors.
    I was told that they do a full car inspection like racv's but better by there head mechanic. So i went with them for the check instead of racv.

After i got the report back there were a few minor things that had to be fixed. To me it was all ok so i brought the car.

After i received the car i found in a matter of a few days, that the floor was damaged and rusted out, my horn does not work, there was no spare wheel, the back seat belts are stuffed and dont pull out.
    An with my little knowledge there could be more still wrong with the car that i havent found.

So i was a little upset paying top doller for a car that wasnt up to scratch under there recommendation.
    I should note that after i found these issues i spoke to the head mechanic and i was compensated for the rusty floor and was told the mechnic that done the inspection was fired because of his poor job on my car.

They are probley good but i must have had the lazzy new guy O.o

An in regards to "good mechanic thread" i am well aware that there have been many posts on this topic. My concern was finding a mechanic that knows about "EF9's" being that its a rare car in aus. Alot of great mechanics that dont know anything about EF9s would still have trouble getting parts / knowledge on my car.
    Sorry if i should just keep trying people that cut out air filters an stick them in my air box because they cant find one that matches or be bothered to find a better way to slove the problem.

An yes i spoke with john today nice guy.
    Found out today that one of my friends is getting his motor rebuilt there aswell.
    Im excited! 2 days to go, thanks for the input guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    737 - Ventura Bus
    if they did the RWC you should screw them over. If the seatbelts dont work it should fail RWC immediately.

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by bungsai View Post
    andy. John is much nicer.
    LOL, Andy tried to kill me 2day with silicone pipe when he read that.