Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    yep main difference between regular fork eg/dc to ek is the gap
    i believe the dc/eg have a wider fork than ek

hence in the photo above of the n+ for the ek, there's washers/spacers for the work whereas the eg/dc will not have these

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt
    true true ek lca is thinner than teggy/eg. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! the site for BC doesnt mention anything about the ones i have being for the EK though. i dunno! to much head f@$k!!! ill just talk to the dealer.
    -=¤§ ń Ĩ ģ ĥ ţ Ŵ ő Ł F §¤=- ™

info worth the rep point?
    WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Member Array
    just stick to ur stockies! LOL

HAHAHA
    EK4-SOLD/ EG5 JDM B18-SOLD/ JDM EVO V-SOLD/ 04 LIBERTY LUX-SOLD/ 01 WRX WAGON-SOLD/ 06 LIBERTY WAGON TUNED BY STi No.63-CURRENT

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Luxury
    machine off the bush ?

Taken from source: http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=66191 (requires registration)

8 ) SUSPENSION (Handling) Rating 8/10
    Info:
    (i)EH9/EG4/EG5/EG6/EG8/EG9/EK3/EK4/DC2 front suspension is same and compatible.
    (ii)DC2 Typer 96 version and some EG4/EG8 rear suspension is "hub" type. Slot into the rear hub & not secured by bolts on the rear lower arms like (iii) & (iv).
    (iii)Most EH9/EG4/EG5/EG6/EG8/EG9/DC2 onwards rear suspension is fork type and compatible. The suspension bushing is longer than (iv).
    (iv)EK4/EK3/EK9 rear suspension is same fork type as (iii) but the suspension bushing is shorter than (iii).
    (v)To lower ur car, u can just swap lowering springs on your stock suspension or to use adjustable suspension. See section (9) on camber kits.
    Upgrade:
    (a) For budget upgrades, KONI shocks with lowering springs is a common option. KONI shocks have 3 adjustable heights and u can also adjust the "hardness" of the shocks. This set-up is only gd for those with smaller budgets and drivers with mild driving habits. If u love hard cornerings, the shocks wont last more than 1yr. 1 new shock is abt $125 each and a set (4 pieces) of lowering springs is abt $200-300.
    (b) For better performance, Coilovers are good. There are japan brands like TEIN and taiwan ones like BC etc. Usually newer coilovers are height adjustable with damping adjustment points for "hardness" level of the shocks. I find TEIN coilovers reliable and worth the $ spent. There is a series of coilovers from HR to SS for street racing to track use. U might want to check out the chart in TEIN webside to find out wat suits ur ride.
    (c) When changing suspension, take note of (ii), (iii) and (iv). It is common for EG bros using TEIN coilovers designed for EK rides, u need to machine off to shorten yr rear lower arm metal bushing to fit the rear coilover. (d) When u buy 2nd hand suspension set-up, it is best u send to a workshop to check for leaks. Coilovers are usually serviceable but the normal suspension like KONI is not.
    (e) There is such thing as a "spring adjustor" (black rubber thingy) to wrap around yr springs to stiffen yr ride. Not a gd product coz it can slip off the springs and u will have a hard time getting it back in position. Anyway, if yr springs are getting softer.. u shd probably get a new set of springs.

It might only apply to Tein suspension only.. But I did came across another posting about someone who had run EK suspension on his DC2..

Hopes this helps
    Last edited by squish85; 13-01-2009 at 05:03 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    Quote Originally Posted by night_wolf View Post
    true true ek lca is thinner than teggy/eg. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!! the site for BC doesnt mention anything about the ones i have being for the EK though. i dunno! to much head f@$k!!! ill just talk to the dealer.
    just grind your lca down.easy pesy

Ive got the Buddy Club N+ that suits EK, EG/DC. When the spacers are inside the forks its for EK but you can push it out and put it on the outside it will fit EG/DC. It says this in the instructions.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by wasabi; 13-01-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt
    Quote Originally Posted by thaaznboi View Post
    just stick to ur stockies! LOL

HAHAHA
    F@$King hell bro! front coilovers and rear stockies are throwing the car around when i take the corners.

whats happening with thanhs ones??? changed em?

WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Member Array
    Car:
    Teggy, Spada Vt
    thanks for the info ppl might try a shave if they refuse to change the coilovers for me. but im going spastic if they refuse too lol.

WIFE AND DOG MISSING!!!
    REWARD FOR DOG

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by night_wolf View Post
    thanks for the info ppl might try a shave if they refuse to change the coilovers for me. but im going spastic if they refuse too lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Ive got the Buddy Club N+ that suits EK, EG/DC. When the spacers are inside the forks its for EK but you can push it out and put it on the outside it will fit EG/DC. It says this in the instructions.

Hope this helps.
    Did you look into the info wasabi gave you?

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_EG4 View Post
    Did you look into the info wasabi gave you?
    unsure whether that's the case with BC coilovers (not buddyclub)

but to the OP, it seems like you bought EK coilovers rather than EG/DC ones

try and get a refund/exchange
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by mr180sx View Post
    just grind your lca down.easy pesy
    Thats they only way to do it

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by tRipitaka View Post
    unsure whether that's the case with BC coilovers (not buddyclub)

but to the OP, it seems like you bought EK coilovers rather than EG/DC ones

try and get a refund/exchange
    I thought it was worth a shot before grinding the bush on the lca's, or going off at a seller.