Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wire tucking eg

Member Array

wire tucking eg

hey guys

ive got a dilemma as to where to tuck the wires on the driver's side strut tower??

if anyone has information they know can help please post

thanks

down the fenders on both sides man.

Piece of cake.

If you have a sol theres no need to cut any wires:

Member Array
    Car:
    eg h22, odyssey
    In a eg you have to extend wires.

Member Array
    hey jason yeah ive got a sol aswell. i tucked the headlight harness without extending any wires. but in regards to all the orange and gray clips how and where exactly did you feed them. as they go behind the engine and without extending them i dont see where i can feed them

thanks

with my engine harness i unplugged it, pulled one half back into the cabin made a new hole for it to go through near the base of the fire wall near the steering rack.

The wiring for the block i tucked wherever it wouldn't be seen. alot is under the intake manifold and hidden by radiator hoses etc. You can't hide them all but you can do a damn good job of it.

It helps if you remove all the tape and plastic conduit so you can get the most out of the wiring thats already there. You can buy new tape and conduit from autobarn and rewrap it once the wiring is re-run.

Same thing for the passenger side harnesses (both engine + headlight)

I've still got things i'd love to do to mine. (Fuel filter, Clutch resevoir and BMC Vac Line) But all in good time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    where do you feed it through into the fender?

you pull the headlight loom back into the cabin and you feed it though from the interior.

Once you take the fender off theres a hole which you can use to get the wires from the interior into the fender area.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R T
    someone post pics of how you extend the wires for eg and which ones you have to extend

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek
    what do you feed it through the door loom?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by lenz View Post
    what do you feed it through the door loom?
    Yes, Thats what i did, made a small slit in the grommet and ran the wires through this grommet. With the fender off you will see how you can feed the wires through the inner fender.

I cant remember exactly what wires i extended (take note i was tucking a k24a EG). I think it was about 2 of the wires that goto the earth junction on the passenger side and about 2 wires to the underhood fusebox (located it under the dash). I also had to make new starter/battery cables.

Are the red connectors original Honda Items? If not where did you get em?

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by nd55 View Post
    Are the red connectors original Honda Items? If not where did you get em?

Nick.
    is this directed at me?