Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    My vote goes to DC2R, more raw.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, GSXR600, CRF250R
    dc5 , looks so much nicer and so much better interior. not ot mention a fair bit newer , easier to find lower kms and generally reliable
    Last edited by FASN8U; 18-01-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    /Oo_\\ __H__//_oO\
    \()_______[DC5]()/

Member Array
    Car:
    Milano Red EM1, CU2 Euro
    yeh well im goin to be after something with prob no more than 100000kms on the clock so its goin to be hard to find a dc2r with this. Interior deffinately looks better in dc5 but dc2 shape looks better i reckon. Argh such a hard decision, lol

just go for a dc5r its motor has more potential then the b18c7 and most of all its a more refined car than the dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Be a try hard and get the original classic shape R.
    DC5R's are for soft c0cks who cant handle the sheer rawness and brutality that is track racing.

Unbiased suggestion though, seriously... drive both and see which one you like better.
    There are only a few dc2r's out there that will be under 100k kms these days - so if you're looking for something thats definitely under that, then stick with your dc5r option.
    That said though, 100k+ kms on the clock doesnt mean that the motors gonna be shit - so long as its been looked after, both k20a and b18c will last a long long time.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    DC2R like everyone else has said is more raw and u can feel every bump. cabin noise is pretty lound if u dnt have a cd player and your on the highway all u can hear is the engine reving. not that its a bad thing.
    DC5R is smoother an looks nicer. even though i drive a DC2R i like the DC5R.
    power wise stock for stock there is only like 10 kwts difference.
    the DC5R is def softer to ride and a better cruiser than the DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    very great cars with alot to offer

heaps of storage room, can easily fit people in them with realitive comfort if you need to, large aftermarket support for both makes

ks is not a good thing to judge cars on soley as I've seen plenty of imports with low ks that have blown turbos in a very short time frame of purchase, so as long as ethier have been serviced as per the owners manual you wont have a problem with ethier

Im not sure if insurance is a factor for you, but both will be fun if your on your ps to insure

I do find the DC2R to be alot more raw and aggressive than the DC5R, can't really beat the look of the JDM ones hey, such clean lines...
    Last edited by EK1.6LCIV; 22-01-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Black DC2R
    test drive both and you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by 00dc2 View Post
    test drive both and you decide!

x2
    Sorry officer i didn't hear your sirens over my VTEC

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    i hear the dc5 has bader handling then the dc2..?

mmy opinion would be that the dc2r i would consider more of a track born car... and the dc5r is like HOT daily driver with alot of potential

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    02 EU3 Civic
    honestly mate.. both the Dc2R and the Dc5R are good cars.. but a plus side to the DC5 is that it has a launch control but the shape and style of the DC2 is more sleek and sporty.. but on the other hand the DC5 is newer..
    WTB: EK9 Rails or Vision Super Low Rails for EK/EM

what does v-tec sound like...?

ehhhhhhhh ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dun dun dun ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dun dun dun ERRRRRRRRRRRR