Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

S2000 vs. Audi S3

Okay...i know there's the difference between the turbo and the all wheel drive and stuff...but thinking about whether to get a s2000 or an Audi S3

Of course, the s3 would have to be second hand...but it seems like a nice car.

Performance wise...i think they're around the same huh? expect i think the s3 is a little faster around corners if driven well...

what would you guys choose?

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    Well this is a stupid question to be asking on a honda site, as almost everyone will tell you the s200 is better.
    They are both great cars and personally id take the s2000 due to its rawer nature, trackability and pleasure to drive.
    But in terms of performance and safety in all weather you cant go past the audi.
    The audi is probly easier to insure and better on petrol?

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 Ek civic hatch
    to be honst the s2000 will pull more chicks

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by ingram
    to be honst the s2000 will pull more chicks
    bahahaa...

Anyways, if it was between that two, i'd go the S. but if it was with any other Audi, i'd go the RS4.

my 2 pence.

Doesn't the RS4 cost a lot more though...i haven't checked A4's since that i don't realli like them that much...i like smaller cars...

and yes s2000 pulls a hell of a lot more chicks....but chicks aren't everything when it comes to cars....haven't a few hundred bucks at your expense in your wallet probably pulls more chicks, esepcially if you have a gold car as well

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    So this is what you're gonna get after you sell the Euro. Interesting...

RS4 does not belong to the A4 series, I'm pretty sure, and yes, it does cost much more than a S3.

S3's....nice car. I call it the "Euro WRX". Very comfy with all the leather and Recaro, but it's no faster than a base WRX. With the new look S3 comming out soon, I guess you can get it for cheap. 2 seater vs. 4 seater. All-paw vs. rear driven. Up to you, but I still reckon you should get a RX8 Haha. As I tell everyone who is deciding on a car; drive it!! See which one you like personally and which one suits you. If it's for me, I'd choose a S2K cos I like to mod cars, I love RWD, I crave corner, I don't give a shit about 0-100km/h times, and I love the balance of a NA car.
    Last edited by Slugoid; 19-10-2004 at 01:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW019
    S3 can be made to hammer click here for video. (Golf Gti, same engine as S3 but FF instead of AWD)
    blz-arw019

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    i think the s3 is a little faster around corners if driven well...
    I reckon the S2K will be much better cornering, as on the TOUGE battle you can see how quick is the AMUSE S2K goes . . .
    IMO get the S2K

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    I'd get an S3 tomorrow if I had the money.... seriously great - and upgrades are rife

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    i think both cars are great, yet both cars offer different characteristics. for modding a turbo cars are so much easier and cheaper to get power increase compared to na, but if you ask anyone, S3 puffs out around 5500rpm, bit hard especially coming from a high revving engine, but the engine from S3s are not a bad unit, lacks capacity but has a snail, with a chip, they go really well. handling......each to their own, a AWD and a RWD are totally different, in the wet S3 will have an upper hand and in dry, i can say both cars will perform. only the negative thing about the S3 is that they are a fat porker, close to 1.4tonnes i think thanks to the AWD. and for the looks, i personaly like both cars as s2k is a smooth look, while the s3 are low key, just looks like an A3 but with balls. also audis hold the value better then honda/ not always but usually....as hondas do hold value too
    test drive both and see from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeder
    ...test drive both and see from there.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    S2000.

I have test driven many a s2k when I was going to buy one. The dynamics of the handling and performance are unbelievable.