Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator - here to help Array
    i'd pick the S3 or maybe a newer model A4, just because its a euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 s15 spec r
    yeh just drive em and c which u like, whether awd vs rwd, turbo vs n/a, convertable vs hatch...too very different cars.......depends on ur driving style i mean i prefer rwd to drift and tail out but awd will keep u out of trouble....i think straight the s3 would beat the s2k but around corners im not too sure....

but like i said personal choice i mean my car is 14 yrs old and my mx gets heaps of looks hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    buy a camry

If i were you, id get the s2k. I'm a bit biased, but if your looking for sound, nothing beats an S2k, apexi catback, top down, 9,000RPM.

I agree...that's if i want sound...does anyone know how the s3 sounds at 5500 revs? Cause i tried a 325ci the other day and it sounded awesome...although personally i think bmw's have great engine sounds...too flash though...

Member Array
    Car:
    A white one
    does anyone know how the s3 sounds at 5500 revs?
    yeah runs out of puff. otherwise, they sound like a normal car, very quiet, more on the 'refined' note.

Oh really!? so no whoosh! and baaaaaaarrgggnnn!!! sound when it's at high revs? hmm...might reconsider it then....still wanna be able to hear the engine well every now and then...

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 VTi + misc.
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroSip
    Oh really!? so no whoosh! and baaaaaaarrgggnnn!!! sound when it's at high revs? hmm...might reconsider it then....still wanna be able to hear the engine well every now and then...
    mate, best to test drive both cars (stock for stock) and see for yourself . but i can tell ya, the S3 have more potential for mods, been a turbocharged car, and it spins 4 wheels at the same time mmm....... corners

e
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    Hahah... Nah sorry, i've got a boyfriend. Sorry Campbell.

Member Array
    Car:
    2k2 Jazz VTi
    S2k reeks of style, prolly not as practical as the A3. But they're 2 different cars... One's a pocket rocket, the other's a sports car. I'd rather an Alfa Romeo 147GTA instead of an A3, bar the reliability issues...

S2K definitely more bang for buck
    Last edited by FB008; 25-10-2004 at 06:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    seriously, Audi's have reliability issues. Buckets of crap. Expensive crap. Get a BMW M3 if you want good euro or a new VW R32 golf. What a machine!!! It comes down to money so how much you got??? It sounds like around $50K to me. Second hand EVO 8 anyone!!! (or a new one at around $65k)
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    i prefer audi
    s2000 is too much of an ego trip

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 VTi + misc.
    [QUOTE=Type R Positive]seriously, Audi's have reliability issues. Buckets of crap. Expensive crap.QUOTE]

more info pls, the audi are actually quite stronmg, especially the 1.8T's. i had a TT for 15 months, not a problem, still have the A4, runs very well..... maybe the ones you saw/knew were maintained/looked after properly

e
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    Hahah... Nah sorry, i've got a boyfriend. Sorry Campbell.