Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ITR Front Sway Bar end links

Hi guys,

I've found myself a front sway bar from an ITR to fit on my EG.

However the bolt on the end link (as circled below) has what seems to been hacked off.

I was wondering if the stock end links from my EG (Breeze) can be used?

Last edited by DD2; 23-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    no. itr is a ball joint type link the breeze is a pin type link. so in lay mans terms the hole in the sway bar in itr goes side ways and the breeze is up and down.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

So, does that mean an ITR front sway cannot be fitted to a Breeze ? or the end links from the breeze cannot be used rendering this particular sway bar useless without the replacement part ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    not just need itr endlinks and bushes i am pretty sure. itr bar is the same bend wise etc just the endlinks are different and bush needs bigger hole to suit thicker bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    can you confirm the itr bar is 24mm solid? do you have a rear swaybar?

guys , a breeze requires lower control arms with the correct pressed holes for the endlink to sit in. this means you need the LCAs off a EG5 , or DC integra etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    can you confirm the itr bar is 24mm solid? do you have a rear swaybar?
    Nope, i can only trust the seller is being honest. It did appear quite thick though.

The car is essentially stock (and tired) in the suspension department at the moment.

I've picked up some stock ITR suspension and rear LCAs... looking now for the front n rear sway bars with ASR brace to suit.

I might just leave the front as is and go with the thick rear bar only.

Quote Originally Posted by 55EXX View Post
    not just need itr endlinks and bushes i am pretty sure. itr bar is the same bend wise etc just the endlinks are different and bush needs bigger hole to suit thicker bar.
    ahh i see...

i think this one being damaged might be more effort than it's worth.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DD2 View Post
    Nope, i can only trust the seller is being honest. It did appear quite thick though.

The car is essentially stock (and tired) in the suspension department at the moment.

I've picked up some stock ITR suspension and rear LCAs... looking now for the front n rear sway bars with ASR brace to suit.

I might just leave the front as is and go with the thick rear bar only.
    measure with adjustable wrench, or vernier calipers. hollow/solid has different sound when knocked. have a go
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    front imo is not needed if you already have the stock 21mm. i'm running at the moment 22mm whiteline rear and stock si 21mm front. on the softest setting of the 22mm rear the 21 is easily enough to tone down oversteer issues not sure with the non adjustable itr item but i daily mine with the hardest setting and i love it.... oversteer is ok in my books

Will the stock front sway bar on a breeze be as thick as 21mm? I was under the assumption it was more like 14mm. I think i might have to get under the car and measure.

Oversteer is fun in a controlled environment ... but i'd much prefer it to be more balanced and only minimise understeer... not remove it completely.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    you'll never remove it completely.