Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    so i took the morning of the second day of my well deserved 4 day break to do an oil change and do my intake mod on the bike.

I haven't got any pictures, but i thought i'd do a write up.

I got a 4 litre bottle of Honda oem 10w30 motorcycle oil from the local dealer, which cost $60! plus an OEM filter which cost $25!!!!!!!! anyway after much swearing and agitation, i got the oil change done... did realise how little room there is under there! and i had to put a screwdriver through the filter as the room limitation plus tightness (hand tight is enough ffs) meant my tool (oil filter tool!) couldn't do the job

Anyway on to the exciting stuff, i planned to do a filter change to a K&N, and reading numerous forums (these bikes are VERY popular in the states, and have endless mods!) i found that removal of the stock intake snorkel and resonator, coupled with the "bean box" mod, which is essentially widening of the intake at the stock bok to match the size of the filter, would net me some extra grunt...

So i removed the box, which was a pain as the resonator was stuck up inside the tank, and there was one screw that obviously was put on when the tank was OFF! i realised that the later model had an enlarged intake that was the same size as the filter, so there was no need for my newly purchased air die grinder!

anyway that stupid resonator require movement of the tank, which luckily enough was one screw under the seat, and help from the old man...

just took it for a ride, and i have to say the difference is noticable, its not setting the world on fire, but then it was a slow bike anyway... seems i've gain some midrange and definite top end, the bike just feels more responsive and has more urge pulling through gears... so for the price of a filter i probably gained a kw or two LOL

anyhway, down the track i'll be looking at a tornado intake (essentially an exposed pod pointing forward), with a power comander to tune my A/F.... happy boy today!

end result, two resonators on the shelf in the garage from two Honda, one with 4 wheels one with two!
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Interesting , so from a new bike with warranty , you are allowed diy servicing as long oem parts and fluids are used ?

I'm still 50/50 about the cb400

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    it was a demo with 1200 kms.... 2007 model! ran out of warranty 6 months ago...

have you been to test ride it yet?

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    Hey bud,

Yeh all good! i'm glad they all went in one hit for you!

I got the bike as a demo for 9.5... had 800kms on it... i was actually out your way on Saturday morning mate... the palmy run is my favourite drive/ride!

Yeh im not really into nakeds to be honest... self preservation is what drove me to a cruiser, and i love it to be honest... i just want it to be loud AS... cant wait for the rest of my bits to arrive

Hows the shadow going Zilli? I'm thinking of getting a VT600 and turning it in to a custom bobber, something like this (Pulled from Shadow Riders.net)

Full Link.. ~ http://www.shadowriders.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=14314
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic CXi, VT250F
    nice man very nice
    VROOOM! VROOOM!

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lepperfish View Post
    Hows the shadow going Zilli? I'm thinking of getting a VT600 and turning it in to a custom bobber, something like this (Pulled from Shadow Riders.net)

Full Link.. ~ http://www.shadowriders.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=14314
    Wow i totally missed this post dude!

the bikes ok. Havent ridding it in 3 months as ive been renoing a house in preparation to move in after i get married Saturday week...

i really miss it, cant even remember what its like to ride the thing...

those guys in the states go whild eh with their VT's... so much work, it just makes me question safety at times you know