Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r/EG

INJEN VS J's Racing SRI

hey people,i want to find the best intake for a dc2r for a track setup car. I previously had a Whale penis then i upgraded to INJEN CAI.

Is it better to have the response and compromise power on track?

confused, do i go back to go forward???

Member Array
    Car:
    2001 Dc2R
    for track...
    CAI will always be better then SRI as engine builds up alot of heat in the engine bay during track.

You would rather have laggier response and colder air going in than quicker response with hot air going in.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    sri dont suck in hot air once the car is at momentum, the car chassis is designed to have ventilation. the ambience outside the car and inside the engine bay it should be relatively the same once it is on the momentum

would you think those japanese tuning company are stupid enough to designed something that doesnt work?

gruppem intake use sri system, js racing uses sri system, mugen uses sri system only it has it intake enclosed but for different reason. (creating air velocity)

different is only length of pipe. it has an affect of where the greatest power land along the rpm range. the length of pipe is calculated accordingly.

nothing wrong with both system. the more important things to do is get proper exhaust system

intake + header + catback = they work in tandem
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r/EG
    well, currently i am running I/H/E + plus tune.My friend got sent to EPA and we returned his car stock intake. My friend was running the same setup like me and he said it feels alot better with stock airbox since injen has to build power.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Hondar is wrong. I've tested under hood air temperatures while at speed with my DC2R. Engine bay temps are quite significantly higher (20 degrees +) than outside ambient temperature outside.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Hondar is wrong. I've tested under hood air temperatures while at speed with my DC2R. Engine bay temps are quite significantly higher (20 degrees +) than outside ambient temperature outside.
    hi mate,

im not attacking you, but i just want to make sure that it is true. if i am wrong, i can be corrected. i can admit that i make mistake

at what speed the car is travelling? is not on dyno right?
    where do you placed the temperature measurement?
    how do you take the reading?

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    -100kms + speeds.
    -Sensor dangling in free air next to firewall.
    -Temperature gauge.
    -30mins +
    -40+ degrees at those speeds. 50+ degrees at standstill. Ambient 28 degrees.

I was also surprised with the results.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    IVTEC
    so im guessin either a boxed SRI (mugen etc) or a CAI(injen etc) would be best bet from looking at these results ?

then how is the comparison between a boxed SRI and a CAI ? lets say for example mugen vs injen (and by length tuning anyone know the best or atleast a good CAI .. ?)

if im hi jacking im sorry but the comparison im making seems most appropriate in this thread lol .. mayb it help pooface decide too

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    -100kms + speeds.
    -Sensor dangling in free air next to firewall.
    -Temperature gauge.
    -30mins +
    -40+ degrees at those speeds. 50+ degrees at standstill. Ambient 28 degrees.

I was also surprised with the results.

the better location is to placed it where the intake filter will be. ie around the place where the existing box is located

near the firewall is not where the filter is taking the air, it will be very hot around that area due to heat radiated from the engine plus that is the air will be hot as it has pass by the engine.

i think you should have more accurate result. no doubt that inside the engine will be hotter than outside but my arguement is since it is near the entrance via grill and other ventilation, the air that just enter should be still relatively the same temperature as outside

plus the temperature meter with real time reading should be used. ie wireless remote sensor should be placed near the location that i mention and the reader done inside the car so that you have real time reading.

having said that kudos to you to even tried on

i have been wanting to do that ages ago but always bogged down by work. makes me want to do 'mythbusters' kind of thing as i have seen this questions floating around and no one (including myself) has put this into the test. i should get one of those wireless temp sensor.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I also have tested underhood temperatures and I can assure you there is a big difference. DLO01 is correct.

Tested top of the engine, highest reading 50+ (F) over outside ambient air.

Right side near inside of fender 20+ over

Left side near inside of fender 20+ over

About 6" behind and to the right of radiator 30+ over

About 6" behind and to the left of the radiator 30+ over

At bottom of radiator 6" away towards engine 45+ over

At firewall top of engine level 45+ (header in this area)

All tests done on same car using movable temperature probe at varying speeds up to 120kph. Temperatures went down approx 10 degrees over slower readings at speeds over 100KPH less than that relatively steady.
    ic... so is that using real time reading? if this is the case

why would companies still make sri, it is reputable company like gruppe M (not for all model), js racing still make them?

also what about those who use ITB like js racing jazz? would that suck in a lot of hot air?

hmm maybe i should ask j's racing president again when he comes next month. maybe he will have the answer for us

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    off topic: are you thai btw claymore?

i just see your location is in bkk?

my wife is a thai and i just came back from bkk in dec.

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by hondar View Post
    would you think those japanese tuning company are stupid enough to designed something that doesnt work?

gruppem intake use sri system, js racing uses sri system, mugen uses sri system only it has it intake enclosed but for different reason. (creating air velocity)

The Mugen intake is enclosed to draw cool air from outside the engine compartment.
    The large size allows for lower velocity to give the pump & response of a shorter intake without the power robbing effect of the hot air.
    & it’s a well documented fact that uncovered SRIs do suck hot air in.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say any of these so called Japanese tuning companies are in fact stupid for manufacturing these products.
    Rather, the reason for the sale of these products is quite simple really.
    To make money, whether it works or not is beside the point.
    In terms of function, some of the products you’re talking about are good; some of them are absolute rubbish.
    It terms of form, most are quite beautiful to look at.
    More often than not, the placebo effect of the noise produced masks the true nature of the product.

As for J’s Racing Jazz,
    C’mon, you are joking right, this car was produced to be different & wow factor.
    Performance takes a back seat to visual impact in this instance.
    If the original intent was serious performance, a carbon air box & cold air intake would have been included.

Consistency is what makes some product brands stand out from the others.
    With strict adherence to the same theme throughout different makes & models
    These product brands never offer an item for sale that could be seen as to contradict another in their line-up.
    Probably because such product brands are produced by engineers rather than a sales & marketing team.

TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au