Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by hondar View Post
    why would companies still make sri, it is reputable company like gruppe M (not for all model), js racing still make them?
    For newer products or maybe "performance orientated" products like for the EuroR, you'll find that J's racing uses a pod in an enclosed airbox with a cold air feed, GruppeM uses a pod in a CF enclosure which takes cool air from the fender and Mugen has gone for a CF airbox with a square filter element. So maybe they have realised that if they want performance, an exposed pod in the engine bay is not going to give maximum gain.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    It really just comes down the design of the intake system not the brand.

Having to own a gruppem myself and I do find it somewhat flawed (Just the gruppem for jazz imo).

Sure it might be enclosed and hence protect the air from the engine bay. However, the biggest flaw of its design was that it draws used air from the radiator. So many people go to me I have a great intake system until I've told them what they had overlooked.

Therefore from my observation and experience, the sri systems works great on cold weathers and while the car is moving. However, if it's not ducted correctly then it's completely flawed in summer season and when you're stuck in traffic.

During the summer days when I had a/c turned on, the intake air temperature on the worse case can reach up to a blazing 70c. This temperature was measured by the factory air sensor which is monitored by Greddy Informeter.

To wrap up, I think it comes to the right design of a SRI system for it be efficient and providing extra performance. For example, the gruppem's design made for the dc5 and ep3, they duct their air from the outside and yet the air do not need to travel such a long tube.

For mugen, that's proven to be good. That reason for that is because it has combined the benefits of ducting air from the outside and the SRI system.
    Last edited by Poeter; 11-03-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    It really just comes down the design of the intake system not the brand.

Having to own a gruppem myself and I do find it somewhat flawed (Just the gruppem for jazz imo).

Sure it might be enclosed and hence protect the air from the engine bay. However, the biggest flaw of its design was that it draws used air from the radiator. So many people go to me I have a great intake system until I've told them what they had overlooked.

Therefore from my observation and experience, the sri systems works great on cold weathers and while the car is moving. However, if it's not ducted correctly then it's completely flawed in summer season and when you're stuck in traffic.

During the summer days when I had a/c turned on, the intake air temperature on the worse case can reach up to a blazing 70c. This temperature was measured by the factory air sensor which is monitored by Greddy Informeter.

To wrap up, I think it comes to the right design of a SRI system for it be efficient and providing extra performance. For example, the gruppem's design made for the dc5 and ep3, they duct their air from the outside and yet the air do not need to travel such a long tube.

For mugen, that's proven to be good. That reason for that is because it has combined the benefits of ducting air from the outside and the SRI system.
    because theyre k engine? on b engine its gonna be long. unless .. hood scoop.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post

The Mugen intake is enclosed to draw cool air from outside the engine compartment.
    The large size allows for lower velocity to give the pump & response of a shorter intake without the power robbing effect of the hot air.
    & it’s a well documented fact that uncovered SRIs do suck hot air in.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say any of these so called Japanese tuning companies are in fact stupid for manufacturing these products.
    Rather, the reason for the sale of these products is quite simple really.
    To make money, whether it works or not is beside the point.
    In terms of function, some of the products you’re talking about are good; some of them are absolute rubbish.
    It terms of form, most are quite beautiful to look at.
    More often than not, the placebo effect of the noise produced masks the true nature of the product.

As for J’s Racing Jazz,
    C’mon, you are joking right, this car was produced to be different & wow factor.
    Performance takes a back seat to visual impact in this instance.
    If the original intent was serious performance, a carbon air box & cold air intake would have been included.

Consistency is what makes some product brands stand out from the others.
    With strict adherence to the same theme throughout different makes & models
    These product brands never offer an item for sale that could be seen as to contradict another in their line-up.
    Probably because such product brands are produced by engineers rather than a sales & marketing team.
    interesting