Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r

dc2r headunit not turning on

Ive got a pioneer headunit on my integra..... its only a couple years old.....

the other day when I started my car, the headunit didnt turn on at all, and my antenna didnt raise.... I turned the car off, started it again and it fixed itself.....

today (friday) it did the same, but after many restarts it wont come on. I have checked the radio clock fuse (one is under the dash and it was fine, the other was in the engine bay and it was blown, so I replaced it with a spare..... still no power to unit)

I also checked the aftermarket fuse that runs off the battery straight to the headunit and thats fine.....

I pulled the unit out, checked the earth and power lead all seem to be fine.... then I disconnected the battery and still no power to headunit.....

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I might be able to check???? Surely the headunit has shit itself already???
    Last edited by marky53; 24-01-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    check the remote wire to see if it's loose/disconnected.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    check the remote wire to see if it's loose/disconnected.
    when I pulled the unit out, checked all the wires and they were still wrapped in electrical tape..... should I pull all the tape off and check each one individually????

Member Array
    Car:
    DC/WRX
    could be a long shot but maybe the fuse on the headunit itself?
    Life Doesn’t Start Until 9000RPM!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by solitz View Post
    could be a long shot but maybe the fuse on the headunit itself?
    nah, checked the unit's fuse and its fine

marky53 disconnect the female plug that clips behind the stereo and grab a test light and check if you have power coming from the red and yellow wires, this is the easiest way to check if you have a wiring loom or fuse problem. If you do have power coming out them then you definetely know that your stereo has sh*t it self.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    Tested the yellow and red wires..... Red (acc) lit up but nothing on yellow (batt).....

Also, the tester lit up when I hit the red lead running from the positive to that big fuse on top of the battery.... however, the cable running out the other end of the fuse (is the yellow battery wire that runs to the loom) is not lighting up...... so do I need to replace that fuse, or the cable coming out the left of the fuse????

ps - the fuse appears to be intact and does not appear to be broken in any way.
    Last edited by marky53; 27-01-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    update.... changed the 60 A fuse on top of the battery and head unit fired up straight away....

lesson for today is that even though a fuse appears to be in good condition and intact, it may be the reason power is not getting through...... case closed.....