Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: wheels for CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 BASE manual
    I went to bobjane and they said they cant find a legal load rating tyre (98) for 19s.... So.. Theres no legal way to up size the wheel?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by arthhtra View Post
    I went to bobjane and they said they cant find a legal load rating tyre (98) for 19s.... So.. Theres no legal way to up size the wheel?
    Try Michelin Australia their Web site shows a Pilot Sport in 245/40 x 19 rated 98. Depends of course what width rims you are looking at but that should fit 7.5' to 9'. You would be 5 ml taller and 10 ml wider than the standard 18's, not much to worry about.

Don't forget the offset though of new your rims, 55 is standard and 45 is about the limit for legal. And I have said this until I am blue in the face but have the wheel test fitted before they fit tyres etc there are a heap of wheels that won't clear the front brake calipers on the CU2 (months of frustration makes me an expert).

Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    Try Michelin Australia their Web site shows a Pilot Sport in 245/40 x 19 rated 98. Depends of course what width rims you are looking at but that should fit 7.5' to 9'. You would be 5 ml taller and 10 ml wider than the standard 18's, not much to worry about.

Don't forget the offset though of new your rims, 55 is standard and 45 is about the limit for legal. And I have said this until I am blue in the face but have the wheel test fitted before they fit tyres etc there are a heap of wheels that won't clear the front brake calipers on the CU2 (months of frustration makes me an expert).
    245/40? wow thats thick for 19"...

and yeah thank God my XD7 fits perfectly on CU2

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic ep3
    These wheels look awesome on a CU2

If you want these, one of the closest will be the Vertini Hennessy. At the moment, they were 2500 with tyres and guards rolled at OzzyTyres (st mary's). They're 20 x 8.5 offset +42. Rubber is cheapo tyres brand: Clear 225/30/20

here they are on a CL9

or from tempe. These are real cheap but not entirely like it.. $1699 with tyres for 20"

These ones however are one of my favourites

Did you end up getting new wheels yet?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    245/40? wow thats thick for 19"...

and yeah thank God my XD7 fits perfectly on CU2
    Not really, the standard 18's are 235/45. The closest profile for a 19 is 40 or you can go down to a 35 but then the problem is finding a 98 load rating in a 35 profile.

I stuck to 18's didn't want to make the ride any harsher and the factory tyres are too expensive an item to muck around with.

Doosra, those wheels do look awesome but can you imagine the ride on those rubber bands. Also a 42 offset is illegal (at least in NSW as the track would increase by over 25 mm) and rolling a guard can be a risky business. Not a practical solution.

I'm still wondering why CU2 need 98 load rate... the Accord Thai is a lot heavier than CU2 but only need 95...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    I'm still wondering why CU2 need 98 load rate... the Accord Thai is a lot heavier than CU2 but only need 95...
    I don't think it really needs a 98 load rating it is just that Honda Australia decided to spec both the 17' and 18' that way. The Acura in the States comes with 93 rated rubber as standard and the Accord (Euro) in the UK has 92's.

The problem now is that Australian laws say you can only replace a tyre with one load rated to at least the same rating as the lowest fitted to that model in Australia (i.e. 98).

I don't think it really needs a 98 load rating it is just that Honda Australia decided to spec both the 17' and 18' that way. The Acura in the States comes with 93 rated rubber as standard and the Accord (Euro) in the UK has 92's.

The problem now is that Australian laws say you can only replace a tyre with one load rated to at least the same rating as the lowest fitted to that model in Australia (i.e. 98).
    I think that wat I asked Sludge... or I reprahse it then "Why Honda Australia set the lowest load rate to 98, while TSX US are 92, UK are 93 and Jap is 94?"

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 CU2 Lux Navi
    I think that wat I asked Sludge... or I reprahse it then "Why Honda Australia set the lowest load rate to 98, while TSX US are 92, UK are 93 and Jap is 94?"
    Sorry, Dunno.

Sorry, Dunno.
    LOL! ok...

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    [QUOTE=doosra;2264274]These wheels look awesome on a CU2

If you want these, one of the closest will be the Vertini Hennessy. At the moment, they were 2500 with tyres and guards rolled at OzzyTyres (st mary's). They're 20 x 8.5 offset +42. Rubber is cheapo tyres brand: Clear 225/30/20

here they are on a CL9

These wheels are from SSW.. I've got them on my VE!

Awesome looking wheels
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    [QUOTE=_CiVIC_;2275072]
    Quote Originally Posted by doosra View Post
    These wheels look awesome on a CU2

here they are on a CL9

These wheels are from SSW.. I've got them on my VE!

Awesome looking wheels
    Off topic but CIVIC didn't you have an 06 Euro then a GTI?So now you have a VE???