Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy View Post
    i agree

also how do we know he's making profit after he's labour is added

everyone else here makes a wage and then pays for their cars so when they sell their car should we call it profit

maybe this is how this guy makes a wage

where is the line between profit and earning a living
    Damn strait!

We should be shaking his hand and saying 'Good on U for keeping the Honda's alive'

Remember when life was like this.U could make a buck doing odd things.Look at how 'tight' things are now.All the legalities etc.It's bullshit!

who care's if he's making profit.

That shouldn't be a major factor in the buying process, if you are happy to buy at a particular price, repairable write off or not.

As for people making profit on items needing a trading account, good luck with that. What if it is one item? How are you going to determine if they are even making profit?
    Last edited by power_of_dreams; 29-01-2009 at 10:05 PM.

I think , find out the maximum sales per annum , stated by the ATO that is NOT regarded as income and sit that as a cap for all members. Ofcourse implement a rule in the T+C

For example , if you can only sell 2 cars per annum to the maximum of say $10,000 , then thats all you can sell privately on ozhonda.

btw alot of cars repaired this way , are NOT deemed repairable write offs or write offs - they are simply crashed and repaired privately and never reported.

As always ,, BUYER BEWARE

http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I think people in this thread are getting confused. There are two issues as I see it.

1. The first is the safety of the vehicles that he is selling. Are they safe? Do we as a community need to make others in the community aware of such ventures when we have knowledge of them?

2. Should an individual be required to become a trader if they are selling multiple vehicles? This relates to the issue of profit, number of vehicles sold etc etc. I think people are also getting a little confused. What is the difference between making a profit and making a living? Nothing - they are one and the same thing. Should he be applauded for having a unique business idea? Maybe - but part of his costs in my opinion should relate to being a trader.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    genuine question, if this is the case shouldnt people making money from installations etc sign up for a trader account too. or is that different? :S

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    genuine question, if this is the case shouldnt people making money from installations etc sign up for a trader account too. or is that different? :S
    Goods vs Services. Bit different I guess, but I would assume that if you were running a service centre as an example and you were advertising your services then you probably would become a trader.

They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    yeh i can see goods vs service, in theory wouldnt buying a car, fixing it up re-registering etc or what not still considered as a service which they are entitled to there work?

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    no, because at the end of the day, ownership of an item passes from a to b

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    for example users selling enging packages + installation.

item is being passed from a to b, assume the item wasn't sold for profit. Charging for installation as they do this all the time or know how to do it. this is profit right for a service..

so its the same thing in my eyes.

Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by XP02ED View Post
    for example users selling enging packages + installation.

item is being passed from a to b, assume the item wasn't sold for profit. Charging for installation as they do this all the time or know how to do it. this is profit right for a service..

so its the same thing in my eyes.
    Yes, but this is usually a one of service. Those that are selling big quantities and installing them are traders (ie AkMotorworks etc).

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Do you guys see why the forum likes to keep out of such things?
    Look at the the last few points in this thread, one thing leads to another.
    This is a free site.
    Some of you are simply asking for TOO MUCH!
    We dont get paid to do shit here.
    You trade/buy on a free site, you have to accept some of the responsibility.

I agree there is probably more that Ozhonda can do for the community, but keep it real.
    There's no fckn way we're gonna sit there and "assess" what is safe, who is trading for profit.

Agree with bennjamin, we agree on a limit of cars a member can sell on the forum, and leave it at that.
    We can also update the FS templates to include details such as repaired write off etc.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."