Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit View Post
    i think 90lan makes a good point, that at the end of the day it is the buyers responsibility to do their research about the vehicles, what difference does it make if it is say an ad in the trading post or ebay?

If someone was ignorant enough to buy a car without making the relevant checks then it is their own mistake. As is solution i think it might be a good idea to make it mandatory to post Vin #'s so it is there but ultimately.

In terms of selling multiple cars, as long as it is within the allowable amount that the relevant transport department allows then whats the problem.? And even if there was to be a limitation on OH's part it would be hard to monitor or cause more problems for those who genuinely go through many cars,
    listen, I dont even know why they made you a mod, you seriously have no people skills and have nothing to contribute.

"if someone was ignorant enough to buy a car" - yeah and I bet you'd be the first to complain if some guy ****ed you over in a deal because you are a woman.

thats the type of "oh, im not responsible so therefore its not my problem" kinda shit attitude that i am talking about

Quote Originally Posted by sassy fit whatever
    eg my brother in law sold one of his car's bought another car, bought back his old one and now wants to sell both of them cos he is bored of them and has a 3rd car siting in the backyard that he doesn't even use and thats within the last 3months.
    you miss the point completely. the guy is selling repairable write offs on the forums for profit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    I reckon the seller made the mistake of not stating the fact that those cars are repairable write offs.
    On this forum, it concerns the buyers/users.

Theres a reason why our laws state that you need to sell a certain amount of cars before you qualify or be considered as a trader therefore requiring a license.
    He might even have other cars at home that make him qualify as a trader but wont sell until he sells the cars that he has up for sale.

Traders arent legally able to sell written off cars, even if they have been repaired. They need to be properly inspected, blue slipped and registered. (correct me if im wrong).

And as it has been stated before.
    It is the buyers choice and responsibility to look up information on a car and make sure that it is what the buyer wants.
    He doesnt need to provide a blue slip nor registration.

And yes you have a point about protecting our users, and i think the only way for ozhonda to achieve this is to place a rule that states the current on road worthiness of a car. But then again it is more work for the mods to make sure that each car isnt a written off car if not stated.

He/she isnt doing anything wrong by selling written off cars that he or someone else has fixed. If he did a dodgey job on the car how would we know right?
    well, again. it is the buyers choice to take upon the risk of purchasing a written off car.

He is simply providing the option for people.
    If you ever look in carsales, you are allowed to post up unregistered cars for sale.

In the end, the way I see it as.
    If you dont have a mod status it shouldnt be your problem. Your concern for others is of course a positive trait you have.
    90lan has pointed out that he'll need a certain amount of cars to sell at any one time before he qualifies as a business and require a dealer license.
    A vehicle is not purchased online. If people do that practice than it is f***ing stupid.
    When purchasing a car, IT IS the buyers responsibility to check the car for any encumbrances and act accordingly.
    When I purchased my car it was under finance, i still purchased it but made sure the seller payed of the remaining amount. Till then i transfer registration under my name.
    I knew the situation and acted according to what I see fit.
    I chose to purchase a vehicle with an existing encumbrance.
    The fact is, now it is stated as written off's. Which means he/she isnt doing anything wrong. He/she only made a mistake.

And as for making profit. People have to start somewhere. If you see an opportunity, take it.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    I reckon the seller made the mistake of not stating the fact that those cars are repairable write offs.
    On this forum, it concerns the buyers/users.

Theres a reason why our laws state that you need to sell a certain amount of cars before you qualify or be considered as a trader therefore requiring a license.
    He might even have other cars at home that make him qualify as a trader but wont sell until he sells the cars that he has up for sale.

Traders arent legally able to sell written off cars, even if they have been repaired. They need to be properly inspected, blue slipped and registered. (correct me if im wrong).

And as it has been stated before.
    It is the buyers choice and responsibility to look up information on a car and make sure that it is what the buyer wants.
    He doesnt need to provide a blue slip nor registration.

And yes you have a point about protecting our users, and i think the only way for ozhonda to achieve this is to place a rule that states the current on road worthiness of a car. But then again it is more work for the mods to make sure that each car isnt a written off car if not stated.

He/she isnt doing anything wrong by selling written off cars that he or someone else has fixed. If he did a dodgey job on the car how would we know right?
    well, again. it is the buyers choice to take upon the risk of purchasing a written off car.

He is simply providing the option for people.
    If you ever look in carsales, you are allowed to post up unregistered cars for sale.

In the end, the way I see it as.
    If you dont have a mod status it shouldnt be your problem. Your concern for others is of course a positive trait you have.
    90lan has pointed out that he'll need a certain amount of cars to sell at any one time before he qualifies as a business and require a dealer license.
    A vehicle is not purchased online. If people do that practice than it is f***ing stupid.
    When purchasing a car, IT IS the buyers responsibility to check the car for any encumbrances and act accordingly.
    When I purchased my car it was under finance, i still purchased it but made sure the seller payed of the remaining amount. Till then i transfer registration under my name.
    I knew the situation and acted according to what I see fit.
    I chose to purchase a vehicle with an existing encumbrance.
    The fact is, now it is stated as written off's. Which means he/she isnt doing anything wrong. He/she only made a mistake.

And as for making profit. People have to start somewhere. If you see an opportunity, take it.
    yeah so you have to trust a guy in cabramatta that his repair job is going to be good enough for you to be able to re-register the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    As the onus is on the buyer and unfortunatly thats the way things works

I have previously sugested a sticky be made for the parts forsale and now would like to add cars forsale section to this suggestion

The sticky could be like a checklist of information that buyer should obtain before buying any items to help buyers not get ripped off

I have also suggested making the supply of receipts for parts sold mandatory

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Its your choice.
    If you wanted to take upon the risk then you should know what youre getting into.
    and just because someone comes from a certain area you shouldnt single out the quality of work.
    Its the same thing as being racist. Just cause someone is black doesnt mean theyre a thug. Just because someone is from cabramatta doesnt mean hes asian.
    Just because someone is lebanese doesnt mean they produce poor work.
    Its not fair on the person to start pointing fingers and blaming things that is unrelative to the topic. Doesnt matter who or what he/she is. Dont stereotype something or someone unless you know its a fact.
    If you go and inspect the car and see that the work done was not up to standards then fine, you have your point and I take back what i say.
    But no one has the right to judge until you know for a fact that what you stated is true.

Im not on any ones side.
    Its just i dont see a major issue besides the fact he didnt say the cars were write offs.
    But then again. they have no rego. you wouldnt be stupid enough to not ask questions.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    i say ban him
    absolute bullshit
    go lucas !

selling repairable writeoffs for a profit
    GTFO

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    may I just say, that race has nothing to do with it.

Stop pissing in each others pockets and accept the fact that it's nice that other people do care about you not getting ripped off

Im sick of hearing caveat emptor from your mouths and not really caring about this issue.

The facts do not lie
    Last edited by yourfather; 29-01-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    I never said it was a race issue. I mearly compared.

And how is it getting ripped off?
    He repaired the car. Wouldnt you be better off purchasing a car that is an obvious write off or buying a car that has gone thru the dodgey process of being re registered from a write off. as in a dodgey blue slip was provided. and the encumbrance was cleared.

The way I see it. Id rather buy a car that is written off and repaired and know about it, rather than purchase the car thinking its a legitimate car only to find out a repair was made to the car prior to the sale.

As i said. Its all about choice.
    There are no facts. Selling repairable write offs that has been repaired is not a crime. places like pickles auctions sell written off and statutory write off cars.
    This person decided to repair them, at the same time, making profit.
    He isnt forcing anyone to purchase the car.
    When a car is posted for sale, it is an OPTION wheter to buy or not.

Youre not buying the car, therefore it shouldnt be of your concern.
    I dont see how you see it as getting ripped off.
    Hes not selling a written off car that has been repaired and registered. hes selling an unregistered car that has been repaired.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG.JAI xD View Post
    I never said it was a race issue. I mearly compared.

And how is it getting ripped off?
    He repaired the car. Wouldnt you be better off purchasing a car that is an obvious write off or buying a car that has gone thru the dodgey process of being re registered from a write off. as in a dodgey blue slip was provided. and the encumbrance was cleared.

The way I see it. Id rather buy a car that is written off and repaired and know about it, rather than purchase the car thinking its a legitimate car only to find out a repair was made to the car prior to the sale.

As i said. Its all about choice.
    There are no facts. Selling repairable write offs that has been repaired is not a crime. places like pickles auctions sell written off and statutory write off cars.
    This person decided to repair them, at the same time, making profit.
    He isnt forcing anyone to purchase the car.
    When a car is posted for sale, it is an OPTION wheter to buy or not.

Youre not buying the car, therefore it shouldnt be of your concern.
    I dont see how you see it as getting ripped off.
    Hes not selling a written off car that has been repaired and registered. hes selling an unregistered car that has been repaired.
    See, your argument falls on this point:

"This person decided to repair them, at the same time, making a profit."

If that is indeed true, the guy is operating a business. And therefore should have a trader account

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    well its really simple your father u just dont buy the car
    simple as that mate
    u wont have any problems
    as for other people u say are getting ripped of then thats there bad luck for not doing their checks
    repaiarable writeoffs are throughly checked before they are passed
    how do i know i have bought and repaired a repairable write off car before
    it is not as easy as you put it
    it takes time and money and alot of paperwork and time
    so all repairs have to be done to rwc condition and checked at a rwof inspection center
    so the owner of the repairable write off can sell the car what he sees fit to sell for once it is up rwc condition
    this is happening all the time on all 2nd hand car sale sites
    so stopping it happening here wont stop whats happening all the time everywhere else
    at the end of the day no one is making you buy the car
    you are buying the car because you want it or you believe it is a cheap car or good value

rpairable writes offs are listed for life as that
    people just have to check
    really simple

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post

Im sick of hearing caveat emptor from your mouths

but it's the way of the world we live in are you trying to change the world starting with ozhonda

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    See, your argument falls on this point:

"This person decided to repair them, at the same time, making a profit."

If that is indeed true, the guy is operating a business. And therefore should have a trader account

so everyone on ebay is a business are they
    lol hahahahahahahaha

its his car he is entitled to sell for what ever he wants
    so youre saying no one can make any profit
    because it is morally wrong
    lolololol
    your way of thinking is so funny mate
    Last edited by 90LAN; 29-01-2009 at 06:15 PM.