Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post
    may I just say, that race has nothing to do with it.

Stop pissing in each others pockets and accept the fact that it's nice that other people do care about you not getting ripped off

Im sick of hearing caveat emptor from your mouths and not really caring about this issue.
    The facts do not lie
    so you say the dude should have a trader account the people that would gain from him having to pay trader account fews have said he doesn't need one

nuff said

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    Mitsubishi Colt TME
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    See, your argument falls on this point:

"This person decided to repair them, at the same time, making a profit."

If that is indeed true, the guy is operating a business. And therefore should have a trader account

so everyone on ebay is a business are they
    lol hahahahahahahaha
    Look, not meaning to point out the obvious, but there's a difference between selling your stuff on ebay to get rid of junk and operating a business.

When it becomes about getting a return on an investment, then it's a business and it should be treated as such.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfather View Post
    Look, not meaning to point out the obvious, but there's a difference between selling your stuff on ebay to get rid of junk and operating a business.

When it becomes about getting a return on an investment, then it's a business and it should be treated as such.
    so u think people dont want to make money on ebay
    people buy stuff that is cheap and turn around and sell at a profit
    its been happening for centuries mate
    this is nothing new
    sounds like you are jealous he is making money
    and you are sitting there with the shits
    just get over it mate

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I agree with yourfather. I think a line should be drawn particularly when people know something about a vehicle or a product for sale that the buyer is not stating.

Whilst it does place the forum at some relative risk (and I think a lawyer is the best person to provide advise here) I could see the forums being sued as allowing a seller to continue to sell goods that are being falsely advertised.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    Constructive now guys... stop taking shots at each other and lets try and think of a solution to this - if there IS one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdster View Post
    Whilst it does place the forum at some relative risk (and I think a lawyer is the best person to provide advise here) I could see the forums being sued as allowing a seller to continue to sell goods that are being falsely advertised.
    Not really, take carsales, carsguide, drive etc etc... same rules apply here.
    We've openly stated that you trade at your own risk, and that us... "ozhonda" do not take responsibility for the successful purchase of the item.
    As it stands, its all up to the buyer.
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy_fit_vtit View Post
    i think 90lan makes a good point, that at the end of the day it is the buyers responsibility to do their research about the vehicles, what difference does it make if it is say an ad in the trading post or ebay?
    The difference is that Ozhonda is supposed to be a community of Honda enthusiasts. We should look out for each other. Members should not try to "hoodwink" other members by selling repairable write offs unless it is made clear by the seller. We shouldn't try and rip off other members, traders should be ethical in their dealings, etc. People who breach that trust should be banned forever.

Maybe I am living in a fantasy land but that is what this place should be. Once upon a time Ozhonda was closer to people helping each other. Now there are pockets of members looking to make a quick buck, unhelpful, rude, or just plain dishonest.

So in my view the moderators should do something about this. If sellers are deliberately trying to hide something as serious as a repairable writeoff status from buyers - they should be banned from the site. If a member wants to mislead other people go on ebay or trading post. We don't need it here for the reasons I have already stated.

I am with yourfather on this issue 100%
    Last edited by yfin; 29-01-2009 at 08:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin View Post
    The difference is that Ozhonda is supposed to be a community of Honda enthusiasts. We should look out for each other. Members should not try to "hoodwink" other members by selling repairable write offs unless it is made clear by the seller. We shouldn't try and rip off other members, traders should be ethical in their dealings, etc. People who breach that trust should be banned forever.

Maybe I am living in a fantasy land but that is what this place should be. Once upon a time Ozhonda was closer to people helping each other. Now there are pockets of members looking to make a quick buck, unhelpful, rude, or just plain dishonest.

So in my view the moderators should do something about this. If sellers are deliberately trying to hide something as serious as a repairable writeoff status from buyers - they should be banned from the site. If a member wants to mislead other people go on ebay or trading post. We don't need it here for the reasons I have already stated.

This is best statement so far IMHO.

Bring back 'The community'

Member Array
    Car:
    CityRail
    I agree totally to the above also...
    However it will be a logistical nightmare as to how we go about implementing guidelines so that this "looking out for one another" works and does not turn to spam.

Ideas anyone?
    Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.

Thing is he/she isnt hiding the fact that the car is a repairable write off.
    It clearly states its unregistered and was a repaired car.
    And the point ive been trying to make is that there is no harm in this.
    Because he stated what he was selling, the buyer should be well aware of it.

At first it wasnt stated. until a member replied on the thread stating that it showed as repairable write off on REVS.
    Then the OP edited his/her post stating the encumbrances.
    It was just a mistake of not putting "the car is a repairable write off" in the description.
    The seller is not trying to con someone to buy a lemon.
    And that was another point i made. Is that this person couldve easily gotten a dodgey blue slip (if the work done to the car was not sufficient) and sold the car as a registered car. And some unlucky buyer gets too excited and does not check REVS and buys a lemon.
    The seller chose NOT to go down that path and sold the car AS IS. Which gave buyers the chance to raise suspicion as to why it is not registered.

If anything in my opinion the seller is not doing something wrong but rather doing the right thing in regards to selling the vehicle.

Last point that was made was the fact that ozhonda clearly stated that it has no responsibility for each and every sale.
    Ive said it before Ill say it again. Its your choice.
    Sellers post new threads to give you an insight of what items or vehicles are available. Its your choice to purchase or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic

but yourfather started this thread with having this person pay for a trader account as the intention not to stop them selling dodgy cars

sure the subject of not being able to sell dodgy cars eventually came up but that wasn't the original intention

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    How about all issues like this be PM'ed to Q ball

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_ball View Post
    I agree totally to the above also...
    However it will be a logistical nightmare as to how we go about implementing guidelines so that this "looking out for one another" works and does not turn to spam.

Ideas anyone?
    How bout make a requirement that VIN and Engine numbers are provided.
    Plate numbers to PM.

Put up a sticky for a guideline to REVS and RTA vehicle check.
    (RTA vehicle check requires an account, no password however. sign up with your license).
    Rta vehicle check gives the information if the vehicle is on a repairable write off list or stolen list.
    How many owners.
    The insurers that it is insured under.
    The engine number registered to that chassis.
    And how many names the car is registered under.

Its not hard. I can arrange screenshots and step by step guidelines if need be.