Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

D2 Racing Coilovers - reviewed!!

DISCLAIMER: This review is based on my findings and other documentation from the manufacturers website and is solely of my opinion

Hey all... upon request, I have come up with a quick review of my D2 racing coilovers:

1 - Ride quality

I normally run my coilovers on the "recommended" stiffness for normal driving. This is more towards the stiffer end of the spectrum for these coilovers and feels much harder than stock. If you stay in Melbourne like I do, you're gonna feel all those damn tram tracks and any other little bump in the road so be prepared!!

Having said that, these are adjustable coilovers and so can be dialled in to a much more "normal" setting. However, if the car is lowered as well, which you'd want it to be, you wouldn't want to put it onto this setting unless you love it when the bottom of your car meets with the asphalt!!

2 - Handling

Very much improved. The car feels more like it is stuck to the ground and lateral sway is greatly reduced. You will have greater confidence to tackle corners and pull out of them at speed because alot of the inherent understeer of the factory setup is eliminated.
    I personally feel that this mod does away with the need for the front strut and rear sway bar combination unless you're into squeezing every last drop of performance out of your car... but whatever floats yer boat!!!

3 - Looks

Yep yep!! The D2 are ride height adjustable so you can slammmm it to the floor or shove your whole fist into your wheel arches... whatever you want you can do with these babies!! Me, I love my car too much and can't stand the constant scraping that comes with going too low. I've got 2 fingers front and back and still have to be careful with the driveways and road humps etc... however, I can still escape most situations as long as I go slow and be careful.

So there you have it... the best solution to a suspension upgrade with, performance, looks, and overall value for money in my opinion.

Hope this review is informative and remember that modding is cool but you have to stay safe on the road!!

PWP RULEZZZZ!!!
    Henry.

EDIT: added disclaimer for ya
    Last edited by toE; 20-10-2004 at 04:55 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    we do have a review forum

picsorban
    B20VTEC - since 2002

wups!! my bad... should get out of the accord forum more!!hehe...

here is the link of them installed in my car...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...93&mode=invite

you can't actually see the coilovers so just imagine some violet/purple looking coilovers under there...

as to price, you can get them installed for under 2k if you shop around.
    Last edited by -h2n-; 20-10-2004 at 05:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Thanks for this Henry - appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    yups D2 Coilovers are awesome!! i got them on my em1 and its slammed to the floor... thinking of raising it to two fingers, like yours harry... you cant even stick a pinky between the guard and tire.. but yeh overall, i'm very pleased with them.. only bummer, they kinda noisy but i guess thats wit all coilovers..
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Nice work
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

SupraFIED Array
    Car:
    MKiv TT
    wow ... anyone want those coilovers =p

heheheheee

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    how are they noisy... whilst driving julz or when adjusting or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    thats becuz he doesnt lub it.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    Not Hijacking this thread but thought I should add some more positive review for D2 Racing Coilovers.

EDIT: Thanks to Benny for getting these for me.

DISCLAIMER: This review is based on my findings and other documentation from the manufacturers website and is solely of my opinion

I think the D2 racing coilovers are great value for money! Included is a coilover with Height, Damper and Rebound ajustablity. The coilovers are really easy to adjust too! Simply by jacking up one wheel at a time, then removing the wheel all ajustments can be made without even removing the shock. Simpley by undoing the lock nut and rotating the coilover you adjust its height.

Ride quality is really good. Even with a 11Kg/7Kg spring rate driving on the road is still very comfortable. Adjusting the damper allows you to have simple choose a softer flowing ride or rock hard (My Favorite). So far the Coils have been good to me. Handeling, Cornering, Turn In, Stability as well as braking performence have all improved greatly. The absence of body roll gives you a much better feel for your car. Predictable Cornering.

My EJ8 Lowered

Overall I rate them 9/10. Very good entry level coilover. Perfect for anyone wanting fully adjustable suspension. Hope this helps.

-KB
    Last edited by KB; 11-06-2005 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Say, would you like to go see a movie?