Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    i'm bangin track spec D2 coilovers too!! and they are one of the best handling mods i've done!! dropped the car heaps and great for hard cornering. mine don't make much noise at all... the only issue i had with them (and you'd get with any new springs) was that when i installed them i put them on a pretty low height setting, and a week later i was bottoming out everywhere! coz the springs work in/settle and the car drops a little bit... mine dropped about 3/4 of an inch! so if you put them on yourself, don't go too low straight up!

but a great package to get if your after great handling!
    FFamily

D2 was facing some problems last year. I m getting one soon and hope that they ve fixed the faults.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=100791

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    DCFOUR
    with the height adjustment is that something you can do yourself...or do you have to take it to a workshop to get done..?

Newcomer Array
    u can do it urself, i have my functionxs double adjustment coilover on my ek4, and i DIY the height setting abt 4 times ... easy job
    just try different setting and c which one is the best for u

Member Array
    Car:
    99 ek1 h/b
    can anyone recommend me which one of the d2 coilover's would be best for me? i am looking for the lowest possible drop and i like a hard ride? i got a ek1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    are you using 18 inches with coilover?
    If you go for lower , do u get crack on guard ?
    my one is crack always .... what is the offset of ur rim ?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Does anyone know if they make them for a dc2r, and if so what kinda price range are we tlaking about here, heps of people have asked and no response?

My opinion D2 is good value for money, i got the track version on my accord. The thing is when the kits arrived it took me a while to figure out how to adjust the height because it is not the same way to adjust with tein coilover i used to have in my other car. I rang D2 and they said best and reccomended adjusting the height is from the C (if you have the instruction) which is the shaft not from the spring.

I was going to adjust it from spring but they said i will get rough ride and avoid the warranty. So they reccomend not to touch the spring and just left it as it is when it's arrived for me, you can't compress them or make them loose.

Anyway it's bit hard to adjust the height that way because i have to undo the lower arm or the bolt that the shocks hold into. then adjust it from there. not as easy as tein. also it's a bit bumpy as well. i lower it by 60mm front & rear

that's just my opinion.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    in regards to the locking rings on the springs (A and B in the instructions i think). after about 1000km jack your car up again and check for any movement of the springs. if they do move a little when you shake them (give them a firm shake) then by all means tighten the locking rings some more on the springs so there is a bit of compression on the springs. this will reduce the noise that some ppl experience and will improve ride quality.
    but by all means dont adjust height via the spring.
    aDe: quick tip. so you dont have to undo the lower control arm to adjust the hieght- loosen off ring C so its not locked against the lower shaft. then make sure ring A and B under the spring are locked together tightly.
    then to adjust height upwards use the spanner and rotate from ring B. as it is locked against ring A it wont move on the thread but rather the entire shock will rotate, unthreading from the lower shaft and therefore raising the height. to lower, do the same but rotate from ring A. rule of thunb is to make sure you are always rotating the ring against the other.
    then when you done adjusting height lock off ring c against the lower shaft.
    this will save you undoing the lower mount everytime

Cheers for the tip,

yeah i can do as you say at front but i don't think the rear, i've tried before and the shaft can't moved without taking of the bolts to the control arm, at the front is easy.

Quick question: how much compression should we put on the spring to get good ride quality? coz d2 told me to leave it not compress and allow the spring to move around.

I dunno know which one to follow i wish is more easier like tein. : P

Quote Originally Posted by sivic
    in regards to the locking rings on the springs (A and B in the instructions i think). after about 1000km jack your car up again and check for any movement of the springs. if they do move a little when you shake them (give them a firm shake) then by all means tighten the locking rings some more on the springs so there is a bit of compression on the springs. this will reduce the noise that some ppl experience and will improve ride quality.
    but by all means dont adjust height via the spring.
    aDe: quick tip. so you dont have to undo the lower control arm to adjust the hieght- loosen off ring C so its not locked against the lower shaft. then make sure ring A and B under the spring are locked together tightly.
    then to adjust height upwards use the spanner and rotate from ring B. as it is locked against ring A it wont move on the thread but rather the entire shock will rotate, unthreading from the lower shaft and therefore raising the height. to lower, do the same but rotate from ring A. rule of thunb is to make sure you are always rotating the ring against the other.
    then when you done adjusting height lock off ring c against the lower shaft.
    this will save you undoing the lower mount everytime

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    hmmm just came back to this thread.
    if your still wondering, i'd compress the spring just so it isnt moving at all in the perch when you shake it. if its allowed to move around your ride will be clunky and noisey. there was a big improvement when i re tightened mine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    i've had these for over 6 months in my DA9 and no problems at all.