Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Well i got $600-$700 bux to spend on some ICE for my car. Its a 1983 Honda Accord with no backshelf. ALl i need is a head unit and some 4"-6" speakers for the front doors. I really want to put an amp in and sub in the back but i want to keep the access to the spare tyre clean. If anyone has suggestions on what stuff to buy or what to do with the boot plz let me know.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    What do you mean by keeping access to spare tyre clean?
    You tyre's don't pop every day do they?

If you need access, just lift the sub out of the boot right?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    well, just in case it ever happens i dont want to spend too much time fidling with audio stuff to get the spare out. I am trying to think of some way where i can have a sub but it wont take too much work to move it or disconnect it or whateva.

Anyway, andy ideas on the head unit?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    take some pics of ur boot and we can discuss further.

As for headunit..check out the entry levels of Pioneer, Clarion, JVC and Alpine. Narrow it down to looks, functions, features, ur expectations....

Do you want MP3 capabilities?? or just fancy looks??

As for speakers...lots of choices out there...best thing would be to have a listen to dem in a mates car or dealers' board and decide for urself.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    I was looking at the Pioneer DEH-3550MP coz its cheap, has MP3 playback and most the functions i want. Anyone ahve any first hand experience with it?

Ill see if i can get some pics by next week, need to scam a digi from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Usual Suspect
    I was looking at the Pioneer DEH-3550MP coz its cheap, has MP3 playback and most the functions i want. Anyone ahve any first hand experience with it?

Ill see if i can get some pics by next week, need to scam a digi from a friend.
    My friend has just bought this H/U
    Nice headunit, he isn't into Car Audio that much, so we looked at his budget and what he will do and came to a conclusion to buy the Pioneer!

They are a good H/U especially for people who don't care about car audio that much, it is a nice day to day H/U

As for keeping your boot clean and easy access to tyre?
    I have done the exact same thing!
    Measured my boot, looked at the sub i have JL WO12 4
    And made the box and it doesn't take much room at all, and i can still have easy access to my tyre

When looking at "easy access" you must consider the size of the sub Enclosure to your boot size!
    If an 8" sub is going to give you good access then buy an 8"
    DO NOT buy the sub first, because then you are working around the sub fitting and not getting easy access! (if you know what i mean)

As for speakers, yeh go the 6"
    If you want to listen to some nice 6" speakers PM me and i'll meet up with you and you can listen to Boston FS-60's in action
    If you are looking under $350 for splits then i would suggest Pioneer 6" splits!

There around $170 i think, i'll go to the shops and have a look what there called i'll get back to you

Anyways, any more questions just ask

Jason

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    hey jason,
    u got "marty installed :P" fs-60s? lol... ive been considering them for awhile. remind me to ask u for a listen next meet man

Quote Originally Posted by joneblaze
    hey jason,
    u got "marty installed :P" fs-60s? lol... ive been considering them for awhile. remind me to ask u for a listen next meet man
    You are correct :d
    Marty has done all my system

H/U Panasonic
    Split's Boston FS-60's
    Amp Audison Srx4
    Sub JL WO12 4
    Sound Deadening (stinger roadkill) 1 roll on door's and soon to be on boot

Next to be upgraded is H/U
    No worries about you listening, just bring a CD you listen to alot in your car then compare it to mine

Jason

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    who's Marty?

Quote Originally Posted by mo
    who's Marty?
    Marty is a Professional Car Audio Genius!
    He owns FHRX studio's...
    He is on Fast Fours Forum if you want to contact him! ( i can't give u his mobile )

He does alot of big installs, but he also takes time to do the "smaller" installs, because he knows one day you will come back with $15,000 for an install

He is also a wholesaler for audio goods

Check out his webpage!
    www.fhrxstudios.com

I recommend him to anyone

Jason

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    cheers jason. Although i think it might be a bit hard for meet up with u as im in perth. Cheers for the info.

You reckon u could take some pics of ur boot, so i can see what someones looks like.

Cheers.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Another FS-60's user for these splits.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq