Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    UPDATE:

Well im still looking and aint bought nothing so far. My parents have giving me some extra money, so im looking at about maybe 1000. Ive decided to get a sub and amp, as my dad strangely enough convinced me to buy one, but not yet. And ive decided to put some 6x9's in my cars rear 1/4 panels.. Atm with my extra budget im looking at:

1 x Pionner HU (either 3550MP, 5550MP or 7550MP)
    2 x Pioneer 4" (either TS-E1075 or TS-G1047)
    2 x 6x9's (prob Pioneer, not sure which model)

And eventually:
    1 x Pioneer Sub
    1 x Pioneer 12" or 15" Sub.

One thing i need to know is what of the above mentioned HU's can control a stacker. Ive have about 3 x 6 CD stackers, all of which are not being used. I ripped from my dads old work, and i was hoping to use them. Most stores say that all of the models can control a CD stacker, but on pioneer's website it is not all to clear if they can or cannot. So can anyone tell me if they can.

And i still need help on deciding which speakers to go for and stuff, so keep the suggestions coming.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    dude im not a huge audio phreak, but from looking at wat ur considering, and after listening to several setups which include Boston FS 60s as the front stage, im inclined to advise u ditch the 6x9s and 4"s and use the money for a set of FS60 splits up front. leave the stock rear spkrs if u choose. ill stop talkin now and leave the path open for the true audiophiles to speak........

I didn't read the whole thread. But basically forget the 4" and 6x9 ass jon said and get a nice pair of splits. The bostons have been tried and tested by many ppl but u should ALWAYS test them urself before you buy. Also in your last post I dont see an amp there?

Basic setup would be:
    Splits up front
    Sub
    4 channel amp (bridge 2 channels to run amp)

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    And eventually:
    1 x Pioneer Sub
    1 x Pioneer 12" or 15" Sub.
    And remember that my car is a 1983 Honda Accord 3 dr if u havent read that somewhere else.

When i said that the 1 x Pioneer Sub was meant to be 1 x Pioneer Amp.

I dont have rear speakers, only two little pissy 4" front speakers from stock, 1983 style. My door panels wont allow for anything much more than 4" speakers where they are now, and i dont really want to put them further back in the door as 1. if someone else is in there, the sound is blocked by that person and 2. i dont want a great big hole where the old speakers were.

Ive had a look at the boston Fs60's, and they look bitchin, but i cant find any store with a website that has a price for them, and transport is a bit limited, seen as i dont have my P's, so i cant go down to the store on a whim.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    lol@no P's...
    PM Marty (Fhrx), and perhaps he could mail a set to u.. .

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    yeah i know, but concentrating on school, and im a slack git.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I agree with johnblaze & Dream`R.

Don't by pioneer speakers. And ditch the idea of getting pioneer sub!!! Get yourself a JL 12w3v2 for the sub. It'll keep you happy. Forget about the rear speakers. Leave it stock.

What's the size of the front speaker? go for boston or focal or hertz or phoenix gold splits. but you have to audition them to find which one suit you best. I personally recommend boston because I've heard them and they are awesome! But it comes down to personal choice.

As for amp, again, ditch the pioneer amp. Get an audison SRx3 amp instead, which will be enough to power your front splits and your single sub at the same time. It won't take much space in your boot as it is quite small (it's a longer compared to normal amp but very compact)
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    I disagree, if you audition all those speakers and find that the Pioneers sound best to you, get them. Granted they probably wont, but never fall into the trap of buying or dismissing something based on brand alone.

Hell many people did that when Pioneer released their SPL sub, and the car that won Deathmatch in the world dB Drag finals ran those Pioneer's. Its shut a LOT of people up.

I'm not a Pioneer fan, but when buying speakers use your ears

Forget the rears, you wont need them. Put that money towards better fronts. And as for amps, decide how much you can spend on the amp(s) and buy the one within that price range that has the looks, features and most importantly power that you need. Steer clear of dodgy amps like Boss and Audioline, because they are crap quality.

What the model numbers of those stackers you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    The stackers are old ones, nicked from jeeps. Looks like i only have one though, the other two must be at my dads old workshop which sucks coz he quit about 2 months ago, oh well. The model number is Alpine CHM-S601.

I need to find somewhere, where i can listen to all the better brand speakers, anyone know where they are some in perth. I know of a few but need others for pricing and stuff.

In the front i can only fit 4", which is what i have there now, but there old and shitty. Im gonna have to either put some better speakers in there or keep the old ones and just not connect them coz i dont want a huge gaping hole in my door.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Those alpine stackers will only work with an Alpine head unit that has the model number starting with "CDM" unfortunately

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Why's that? I thought they would work with any changer, people put them in jeeps, but the stereoes in jeeps could be re-labelled alpine things. Ah well, not like i needed it or anything, i can get some cheap ones in other places.

Oh and i was talking to one of my friends and he said that i might be able to fit some 6" splits in the front using some spacers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Because each company uses their own stacker interfaces and cables, and some use different designs even between products (for example, that Alpine is an M-BUS stacker, you can also get AiNET head units and stackers made by Alpine). The jeep head units would be made by Alpine.

You should be ablt to fit larger speakers easily enough using spacers, but i'm not sure exactly what the speaker holes and surrounds are like. If not 6" perhaps 5", they'll be a step up from 4's thats for sure