Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Well i was looking at these spacers, just 6" ones, but they lift the speaker out about 20mm or something, which means that the back of the 6" speaker i use, should fit in the 4" hole already in my door.

No matter about the stacker, with the Mp3 unit ill just have a few discs mp3 discs, should cover all my cruising songs.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Yeah I suggest you look at your options concerning front splits. I hate to say this, and I do agree "listen with your ears" rather than what people tell you, but... Pioneer splits really do lack the quality from other brands such as Hertz, Pheonix Gold, Boston Acoustics etc. Hell, some of them are even cheaper than pioneer splits! (Check out www.webaudiodirect.com). Also come on over to CAA forums, lots of splits can be had in the for sale forum (dedicated to car audio products) I just picked up my brand new set of Boston Acoustics FS 50's (5.25" instead of 6" FS 60's) for $220 from the forums. They fit perfect into my Integra's speaker plastic pocket thingy too! (Havent completed the install of them yet, cant wait to hear them!) As for amps, a nice 4 channel amp (Response 4*100 RMS maybe?) with 2 channels bridged to give 300 rms to a sub (Ever thought of a pheonix gold octane r 12" sub? Can be had for $179 including free postage and will sound ALOT better than pioneer subs.)

So in total a rough estimate would be say ~$250 for splits ~$350 for the amp $179 for the sub. So in total (excluding headunit) around about $780.

What do you reckon guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Hell....if you love pioneer's mate...then go for it. den somewhere down the line, you decide you need more "oomph" then get something else.

sometimes, it's just plain fun to "experience" and "learn" thru mistakes

my 2c.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Well, for me it's better to wait and save more to get the one you want rather than buy now and upgrade later (which you'll definitely lose money on)

that's my version of 2c hehehe...

And that's the reason I postponed my stereo installation till next year because of the $450 excess insurance i have to pay to fix the hail damage :evil:
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Ive been to that webaudio direct before, some good stuff there, but i want to here the stuff for myself, first.

The reason i was looking at pioneers is coz they aren't gonna cost me an arm and a leg to get some audio in my car, they may not be a good as boston acoustics, but they dont cost as much either.

I found out that the Pioneer head units can control a stacker, but that seems a bit obselete now. Anyway, i think im just gonna go for the Pioneer 3550MP headunit, possibly the one up if i can afford it.

On saturday my dad was gonna take me out shopping, but i had a party that night and i spent most of the day getting the house ready for it, and next week im really busy, so i may not be able to get down till after christmas.

What do u guys reckon of those Pheonix packages on Webaudio Direct?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    I got my boston fs60 splits for 250!

thats about same price as pioneer bullet splits or something, so its not that expensive!

might be a bit tight on the budget there... a regular hu + splits would be about 400?? add in an amp and a sub + wires and installation fee then pop! unless you install it yourself... that would save you a bit....
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    i will be installing it myself, along with my dad, wires is not a problem either.

I have been looking at the Pheonix line of stuff and they look awesome, but im still looking for somewhere over here to listen to them.

It sucks so much noth having P's, WHY WAS I SO SLACK, ahhh screw it.

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    What do you guys reckon of the Rockford Fosgate Punch 401S amp?

Some guy on CAA is selling it, ya reckon it might be to much for what im after?

He is askin 350, and its due to be sold soon. Link is below. If its anygood i might offer him more.

http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/ubb...c;f=2;t=006975

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    That amp is already bought by me $350 brand new. Should arrive tomorrow! I offered the dude 350, it was knocked back, then he came back saying that I could have it! Stoked

Member Array
    Car:
    SY Accord
    Cool, good amp then?

I was looking at the online store, and i say again that the pheonix speakers are now the ones im looking at buying, still with a Pioneer HU.

I was looking at:
    Pheonix Gold R 6" Coaxial - 60/120W - $149
    Pheonix Gold R 12D Sub - 250/500W - $189
    Pheonix Gold R 5.0:4 Amp - 80x4, 250x2 - $429

although that may be a little extra (+ hu) that i was willing to spend, i may be able to scam the rest for my birthday stuff, which i never got (bday is september). I was supposed to get a digi cam and an Mp3 player but never did.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I believe the Phoenix Goldd R5.0:4 amp is rated 80 w max x 4 and 250 w max x 2. The power rating is not RMS. It won't be enough to power your sub mate. RMS is 50x4 and 150x2.

For bang for your bucks, buy the Audison SRx4 (60wrms x 4 or 170wrms x 2) $490 or if you have more to spend, go for Audison SRx3 (75wrms x 2 + 250wrms x 1). Marty (FHRX Studios) currently have it for sale for $595.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)