Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    how long has warranty been extended by?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003gli jazz

warranty extension...

Have two Jazzes and have had shudder problems (which they called 'starter cluch needs replacing) on both. The 07 was replaced under warranty but 03 has done 230,000km so no warranty there. They've quoted $2,500 to fix the problem. They've told me anything up to 160,000km will be replaced under warranty.

proven additive to use

try the Oil Extreme Oil additive, been proven to solve almost all shudders in the HONDA JAZZ/CITYs.

contact me if you are interested, info@x3emotorsports.com

even some dealership have tested these with GREAT RESULTS!

Cheers, ivan
    Visit www.x3e.com.au for tons of Aftermarket Import Performance Products at GREAT prices!

Member Array
    Car:
    CVT VTI
    Hi Thommo,
    when did the CVT shudder start to happen on your 03 Jazz? You have done heaps of K's on it (230K) just wanted to know if you have changed the CVT oil often in the past. Did you mainly do country K's on it?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003gli jazz

Starter clutch

yes I have done heaps of k's and mainly highway running-about 90%. Did services by the book by Honda every 10k and when the shudder started to happen(about 20-30k ago) they changed the oil again which decreased the symtoms but didn't eliminate. Like to have a go at this "oil Extreme" but wary of 'you-beaut fixes' originating via the net.
    Last edited by thommo; 12-11-2009 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Have two Jazzes and have had shudder problems (which they called 'starter cluch needs replacing) on both. The 07 was replaced under warranty but 03 has done 230,000km so no warranty there. They've quoted $2,500 to fix the problem. They've told me anything up to 160,000km will be replaced under warranty.
    my 2005 Jazz only done 60,000km, but i modified exhaust , wheels and lowered the car. can they fix the problem under warranty?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003gli jazz
    Not something I could answer- suggest getting in touch with your local Honda Dealer. But they did say any jazz up to 160k. Always found because I had my car regularly serviced at the same dealer(although probably dearer) they 'gave' a little extra when it came to problems

Hi Guys,

I've got a Jazz VTi manual ( 2006) with this shudder problem present for over 18 months. Dealer can't find the cause..... Is this starter clutch issue you describe an issue on manual transmissions ? He says the problem only occurs in automatic transmissions only because a starter clutch does not exit in manual transmissions. Any opinions on that advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've got a Jazz VTi manual ( 2006) with this shudder problem present for over 18 months. Dealer can't find the cause..... Is this starter clutch issue you describe an issue on manual transmissions ? He says the problem only occurs in automatic transmissions only because a starter clutch does not exit in manual transmissions. Any opinions on that advice.
    The starter clutch only exists in the CVT. Sounds like your manual clutch plates need replacing, which will work out a lot cheaper than fixing a CVT.

Thank you. Much appreciated advice.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2003gli jazz

opinion on oil extreme

Just like to give some feedback on the oil extreme I tried for my 03 auto Jazz with a clutch shudder problem. Tried it because I had nothing to lose and cost little. It worked and have now done 260k. I do treat the Jazz like an old pensioner though, steady steady as she goes on take off but completely happy with Oil Extreme. happy to recommend it.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Just like to give some feedback on the oil extreme I tried for my 03 auto Jazz with a clutch shudder problem. Tried it because I had nothing to lose and cost little. It worked and have now done 260k. I do treat the Jazz like an old pensioner though, steady steady as she goes on take off but completely happy with Oil Extreme. happy to recommend it.

Nice to know if I get the shudder and need to sell to some lucky punter