Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV

RD-1 CRV rust proofing

Got a quote for Tint-a-car electronic rust proofing - $495 fitted. This is for our gen 1 CRV.

I know Alpine has one of these, can anyone else vouch for their effectiveness? The guy at the shop was a bit vague about it which didn't leave me all that confident. Said it was just more or less a preventative measure.

We have taken our truck on a few light tracks in Cooloola National Park and got the car quite dirty....lots of fine silt came out of the wheel arches. About $25 worth of coins and an hour at car lovers later I'd washed it all out as well as a full underbody spray.

We do plan on a bit more soft roading trips in the future.....but still unsure whether this rust proofings worth it.

Opinions?
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)

$495 from Tint-A-Car, huh....which one was this? I got it for $395 from the one behind Suncorp Stadium (but that was because a bunch of us all got it done at the same time).

BTW you did get my PM in response to yours, didn't you? It isn't showing up in my Sent items for some reason.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 Legend, 92 Civic
    make sure you research the companys and products cos i know a lot out there are dodgy

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Jazz VTi, '00 RD1 CRV
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    $495 from Tint-A-Car, huh....which one was this? I got it for $395 from the one behind Suncorp Stadium (but that was because a bunch of us all got it done at the same time).

BTW you did get my PM in response to yours, didn't you? It isn't showing up in my Sent items for some reason.
    Yeah mate I did get your PM, cheers

This quote was from the Moorooka branch
    '91 CB7 Accord EXi (my first Honda)
    '07 GD3 Jazz VTi (mine)
    '00 RD1 CR-V Sport (wife's truck)