Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brand new civic, hit a kerb =/

Brand new civic, purchased a week ago, was being careless and tried squeezing into left lane when i hit a kerb on the way out. Terrible mistake on my half and here are the pictures

I'm fairly new to cars, having obtained a license 3 months ago, can anyone tell me what i should do? and how much it will cost me approx? Thanks in advance guys
    Last edited by Jackee; 04-02-2009 at 10:43 AM.

If you have comprehensive insurance you can file a claim and pay the excess and they'll have it repaired. Or, perhaps just live with it and get used to driving the car... no point fixing it now and later hitting another kerb.

It hurts me to see damaged FDs

Just an idea, new rims and a mugen lip kit will solve your problem
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i agree with markcivicvti, just a little scrape, dont bother fixing it yet since your still fairly new to driving. some light sanding and touch up paint should make it less visible.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Damn, had your license three months with a brand new FD. Any wheel place can fix the wheel, probably only about $50 (unless its buckled which I doubt), the body only needs a light touch up.
    Bought from: Taleb Tyres, scyt7e

Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    It hurts me to see damaged FDs
    I think this is some kind of curse... I asked 10 ppl that bought FD and 8 of them got accident in the first month (9 including myself) - few are bad accident, some small dings and scratches like this one

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    just kick the hubcap or source another one, leave the damage on the bumper i absolutely guarantee you that you will hit something else with that bumper.

buy a body kit to cover the scratches..
    flydesign.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1, Impreza, GE6
    get new rims and mugen KIT!!!and thats it...
    the new civics comes with continentals tyres??

thanks for the input guys, much appreciated,

yeah those are the stock tyres.

How much would rims + mugen kit cost to be fitted in? does anyone have a picture of what it'll look like? a quick google search comes up with many pictures but none for 08/09 civics? also would my premium go up? also, i put a bit of tooth brush to tidy up the scratch, will it rust if i don't put any touch up paint on it? i didn't get any with the car =/

Thanks again guys!

Rims can be had for under 1k with tyres.

Mugen replica kit can be had for varying amounts again - mine was 1.9k for everything supply paint and fitting, but can be much cheaper now.

Touchup paint is 15 bucks from honda. The bumper is plastic and hence will not rust.

Don't get new rims if ur new to driving... don't even worry about the hubcaps for now. If it was a big wack against the kerb, it may be worth to check the wheel alignment maybe (what do the rest of y'all think?).
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

sorry to heard this!

Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    I think this is some kind of curse... I asked 10 ppl that bought FD and 8 of them got accident in the first month (9 including myself) - few are bad accident, some small dings and scratches like this one
    i am picking up me soon! hope nothing happen to it!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ouchh sorry to hear mate =[. Are you on your P1 license? So am i.. been on it for a month only now lol..

had the car for about 4 months.. so far no damage at all to it =]. Except a lil scrape under the front bumper when dad ran up a steep driveway =.=...

buuut getting my mugen lip kit fitted this weekend so that shud be all good haha =].