Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Grats on the new car!

Definitely don't visit those automated car washes, especially not with a black car. Unless of course, you like swirls galore. I don't know about those laser washes, but nothing is better than doing it yourself.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    Quote Originally Posted by kimnkk View Post
    Grats on the new car!

Definitely don't visit those automated car washes, especially not with a black car. Unless of course, you like swirls galore. I don't know about those laser washes, but nothing is better than doing it yourself.
    Thanks Kimnkk,

I don't trust those multi function hoses at car lovers and similar places because when I washed my car there someone had used degreaser before me. There was residue still in the hose and totally stuffed my last cars paint job when I used the high pressure water hose.

I need a rain water tank so I can wash it at home....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    You can use buckets of water to wash your car. Make sure you fill up the buckets when you're having a shower or something.

I've found that 4 buckets of water is enough if you're careful - 2 for the 2 bucket method (1 for rinsing the lamb's wool mit, 1 for washing liquid, 2 for rinsing off the car).

Hi all, thanks for the recommendation... some questions I need to ask:
    1. How do you wash the lamb's wool mit after the wash? It usualy smells and dirty if I just hang it on the clothesline to dry it off...
    2. Unfortunately I dont have any undercover garrage to keep my black CU2. Any special treatment do i need to take?

Thanks heaps!

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    1. How do you wash the lamb's wool mit after the wash? It usualy smells and dirty if I just hang it on the clothesline to dry it off...
    2. Unfortunately I dont have any undercover garrage to keep my black CU2. Any special treatment do i need to take?

Thanks heaps!
    Just rinse it out good with water, leave out to dry and it's all good. Get in between the fibers when washing.
    Mine is going on 5 years old come to think of it.
    I will replace it with a MF one when I feel like it.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post

Thanks heaps!
    1)Get a microfibre one.All you is rinse it well and hang to dry.I chuck mine in the washing machine occasionally to get it really clean.
    2)Wash your car every week and wax/polish every couple mths.That's about all you can do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    1)Get a microfibre one.All you is rinse it well and hang to dry.I chuck mine in the washing machine occasionally to get it really clean.
    2)Wash your car every week and wax/polish every couple mths.That's about all you can do.
    +1
    Microfiber all the way man.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    Check out www.chemguys.com.au

They seem to have insane prices on microfibre cloths and gear. And some of their washes aren't bad either. Will definitely be ordering from them next time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 EURO CU2 STD
    So do you guys take you car down to the self serve car wash bays or wash at home with buckets? Or a combination of both?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    take car down to DIY and wash it my way.....just use their high pressure hoses coz its win....

Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    take car down to DIY and wash it my way.....just use their high pressure hoses coz its win....
    wat about their soap scrubs thingy? I thought its bad for the car

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    hardparked elmo
    scrubs are bad will leave swirls
    As a general rule everytime I buy a new bottle of car wash I get a new sponge as well.