Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Disabled Array
    Car:
    5thgen>jdc2r>dck20>eg>ep3

selling on behalf of someone else!!

i happened to get have my for sale thread closed the other day because this particular person was selling on behalf of me, but when i reported someone else was doing the same thing, how come nothing was done? Im pretty sure this moderator knows who he is, and did nothing about it. I mean sure u can favorite a few people on here, but i mean isnt that besides the point in reporting someone?
    Not trying to stir shit up, but i think thats just total bs.

not all mods have access to all areas, the fastest way to get this resolved is to report the thread, and then it would be taken care of asap. Understandably we don't have time to read all threads and posts.
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    thanks, i understand that. But i pm this mod, and he replied back stating which one, and i pm him back. Then never was i replied to or was the thread closed.
    But for my for sale thread, it was closed so fast, and i reported this late last week.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Double standards. And I also have seen it on these forums. So bblt is right in raising this topic.

I have seen a well know person of these forums selling something on behalf of somone else, clearly written in his text. Sure the thread was rightfully removed. But the next day he posted a new Ad but the words were re-written to him owning the products. Dosn't make it right does it?
    Deano.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    this is not the first time as well, i think its just bs.....

And also ill like to bring up the topic that i dont my address given out to any other forum members.. I dont care for what the situation is, i dont care if this member is ur brother, ur sister, ur cousion or whoever. how do i know this? because there was no way in hell that this member was able to get my details through my profile. It is obvious to me that this member wouldve asked a mod for suburb, my gfs area, my email, her email. That is definately a breach of my privacy
    Last edited by bblt; 05-02-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Do you realize YOU have caught yourself out ? you are a newcomer and cannot sell.

bblt , firstly moderators have full time jobs and a life to deal with before moderating , its common that We may push back a pm or two.

It is NOT double standards. Double standards is openly and willingly letting someone else (often related by friendship etc) do something while the same subject is not allowed. That does NOT happen. I suggest you all take a step back and think about the hours upon hours per week all moderators put into this website for no gain. We are human remember.

Anyway , i would appreciate it for you to link myself or link here the post YOU think is in question.

In regards to private information , NO personal info is given from any member to any other member on this website.That is a breach of privacy.
    What gives you the impression that this happens ?

Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Double standards. And I also have seen it on these forums. So bblt is right in raising this topic.

I have seen a well know person of these forums selling something on behalf of somone else, clearly written in his text. Sure the thread was rightfully removed. But the next day he posted a new Ad but the words were re-written to him owning the products. Dosn't make it right does it?

You have never informed mysef nor reported this via the report post button. What can myself , or another mod do if we dont know about it?

How about you pm a mod about it rather than rattling on that mods are biased.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Because it is favoritism toward this well know person on the fourm. The moderator that deleted his initial thread knew of his doctored up 2nd thread because its a well know for sale thread that went on for months. No one on OH would have missed it. Yet it was left to slide.

It was initially deleted, because I reported it in. Maybe I did not report it the 2nd time because I was testing you guys as moderators. You can be sure it was a test and we now know the outcome.

Its not as bad as I am stating. No one is perfect, this is a one off occasion that I have seen.
    Last edited by DLO01; 05-02-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Deano.

You are bringing up a major point of "favoritism" with moderators and Id appreciate you either start your own thread in the site discussion about it , or better yet pm myself or wynode in regards to this matter.
    But please leave it out of this thread.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Ben. No need to start a new thread. This thread is about "Selling on behalf of others" and how there are double standards/favoritism (or whatever you want to call it) between different users of the FS thread. BBLT has stated one example and the example I stated is in regard to the topic at hand and backs up BBLT's queries.
    Deano.

I appreciate your thoughts but i would also like you to please pm me some more details rather than stating moderators are biased and wish to leave it at that.Its a somewhat major topic and not a poke here n there matter.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    so what if i caught myself out? Maybe a mate asked if i wanted to post my car up for sale? What are u saying nobody else does it here? HAHAHa give me a break, i personally PM a moderator in regards to this matter twice, and yes he was online at the time.. Did i get a reply? and when i PM in regards to my thread ohhh yeah he replied almost instantly... So i guess i was just being ignored... and yes my personal details were given out...
    Last edited by bblt; 05-02-2009 at 10:58 PM.