New Honda Jazz GE owner

Hey everyone...

Have just added a new Honda Jazz GE to the stable of cars in the family so hopefully I'll be posting a lot more about this new addition in the near future

Happy times...but unfortunately, that hasn't been entirely the case. You see, it appears we have been duped by the business manager at the dealership. The car is under finance and we were quoted X amount per week over X number years. No worries, that was agreed to and the dotted line was signed.

So imagine our shock when we received the first payment quote in the mail to find that the quoted X amount was false and that it had increased by a not insubstantial amount. We've done all the sums - factored in the maintenance fees, coupons with the finance etc. - but the increase in the payable amount just does not stack up.

We approached the business manager to clarify these issues only to be confronted with a condescending and arrogant twat that, ultimately, is refusing to acknowledge that he quoted the X amount to us.

Obviously, we are more than just a wee bit pissed off and will be taking this matter to the owner of the dealership and to Honda Australia, if necessary.

Would just like to hear your thoughts on this matter and if anyone else has had a similar experience?

I have refrained from mentioning the name of the dealership - as per the forum rules and what not - but will disclose more info. should I be contacted via PM.

Cheers

Grats, welcome to our little section of Oz Honda.

Sorry to hear about the finance situation.. I'd let them try and sort it out first, then take it up with HA.

Enjoy!

Sorry for what happened, perhaps you can start by calling the department of fair trading and also a solicitor, at the end of the day you signed a contract with an agreed amount for finance and they haven't honoured your agreement
    I haven't driven a Honda in years. :/ Does my honda lawn mower and whipper snipper count?

Thanks for the welcome and advice guys and gals...

We haven't taken the matter any further - for now - but would be forgiven for doing so simply because the customer service from the said business manager has been completely appalling.

Still happy with the car itself though!

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    ouch.. good luck on that matters

whats on contract is the deals between both parties.. if 1 party crossed the line.. legal action can be taken!
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    It depends on what was written on the finance contract. If it's $X that you signed on then they have nothing to go back on. You meanted the business manager says he didn't say that he quted you $X which seems irrelivent as it must be written down somewhere that you signed on. If your repayments are different than $X then it's closed case, you win.

btw, welcome to the Jazz club. I drove a GE a few weeks ago and the auto is definately better than CVT in mine. It's a pity though some of the standard features in the old VTi are now only available in the VTi-S now.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.