Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S

which coilover kit best for my 96 accord

i got a big problem with my ride suspension. i want to lower it but the only way i go is to use a coilover kit. because my front height is 4 inches from d tires and d back around 2-2.5 inch and its very soft. i already got a quote from pedders with there "k-sport coilover kit" for $1800 fitted, coilover itself is $1400. but i found another coilover kit from otomoto they give a qoute with there HSD HS series with the same price. now my question is which one is better? and which one is worth putting to my accord? and is there any other option i use like just lower it with spring (k mac or king spring). please help....

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    hey mate....you sound exactly like i did a year or so ago when i was in the process of upgrading my suspension...I picked up a thing or two.
    Firstly, i would not pay pedders that sort of money for their coilover kit...I do not know any cd5s with it and i must admit if u dont want problems u should probably stick with what other cd5 owners are doing or have done ...it's just a safe bet however pedders might be good i just do not know.

same opinion with the hsd hs series from otomoto no idea what that kit would be like.

Alot of people in Australia go for the TEIN coilover kit sourced from the US. I myself have the basic kit and i know of people (bun-135) who has the superstreet kit.
    Basic-Height adjustability
    Super street- Height adjustability and damper adjustability.
    It will allow you to lower your car to a decent height (see pictures of my car or bun135s)
    and they are not too bad in terms of price depending on exchange rate.
    contact eric at titanmotorsports.com

By the way it isnt a BIG problem u have, it just needs attention. Also you do NOT have to get a coilover kit...u can just upgrade your front springs to match the drop in your rear this does affect shock wear though and u may be needing new shocks sooner than later depending on your drop.

U need to ask yourself a few questions before u fork out lots of money for your suspension-
    1. Do you only want it lowered?
    2. How much of a drop from stock do you want it?

Its really up to you how much u want to spend on your suspension, im just suggesting tein because i know they are a quality product as ive had first hand experience with them on a cd5. they are definately worth putting in if you can fork out the cash, if u only want a 1.5inch drop u can probably just stick to getting k-mac springs manufactured to that height however you'll increase shock wear, you may need new shocks the day after u install ur springs or 4 yrs after, but this can be done at a later stage and won't affect your ride much anyways .
    good luck let me know if u need anything clarified....bit tired.
    Last edited by FAT VTI; 09-02-2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    how much is the TEIN basic in the market now?

well i just want to car lowered to be honest. but its causing me drama because of the front suspension (like i always said its really high compare to the rear) the guys from ozzie tires told me if i drop it more than 2 inch, my strut wouldn't have enough travel space which worries me alot. and thats the time they told me d only option i can go is coilover kit (which is very expensive!!) thats why i keep asking u guys here to help me cause im a bit stupid when it comes to my car n i dont have much resources.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    When i bought it they were about $950 shipped (i think).
    Just email titanmotorsports.com and they'll get u a price.

You will have enough travel space if u lower ur car 2inches on stock shocks, the guy has obviously not seen alot of our cars and thats probably why he is giving u false information. The only thing he is correct about is they will wear your shocks prematurely.

lets get one thing in perspective, cd5's use a coilover suspension system for both front and back, so the stock system is a coilover system.
    You can change just the springs to k-mac or whatever and keep the stock shocks. then once your shocks begin to wear out you can change your shocks.
    The only real benefit of getting a coilover system (whereby the springs are made for the shocks and are made by the same manufacturer) is normally the fact you can get height adjustability anywhere within a certain amount.
    Whereas if u get lowered springs (kmacs) and u then want to upgrade your shocks, u have limited yourself to getting shocks which may have height adjustability but normally have perches where u can pick from 3 heights.

depending on how much your willing to spend teins are a good option, however for the time being u may just want lowered springs....because they are far cheaper.

Where about are you from?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    TEIN Superstreets FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    so ur like saying i can just drop the front by 2 inches with stock shocks? one of the guys here is using skunk2 sport shock+nuespeed sports spring 2.25(F) & 2(R), u think thats a good brand if im not going to get a set coilovers?
    i am willing to spend money but cheaper the better, BUT if i can find a good brand of coilovers with not spending much money ill get d coilovers.

bun-135 how much did u pay for ur TEIN superstreet coilovers?

im from sydney west mount druitt to be exact.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    yeah they are good brands but i can't see them being a whole lot cheaper than buying tein coilovers mate.

mt druitt aye haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_vti_s View Post
    so ur like saying i can just drop the front by 2 inches with stock shocks? one of the guys here is using skunk2 sport shock+nuespeed sports spring 2.25(F) & 2(R), u think thats a good brand if im not going to get a set coilovers?
    i am willing to spend money but cheaper the better, BUT if i can find a good brand of coilovers with not spending much money ill get d coilovers.

bun-135 how much did u pay for ur TEIN superstreet coilovers?

im from sydney west mount druitt to be exact.
    It cost me around $1350 aud or $1000 US shipped depending on exchange rate at the time, it would have been good to get a set last year when the currency was high

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    ah ok so coilover is better,
    where did u get ur coilover bun-135?
    i live close to mount druitt claremont meadows to be exact.. what bout u from u from Fat VTI?

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    ^me also.

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    are you doing it for the looks? or you actually planning to bring to a track day or two?
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol