Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R (Soon)

Where'd everyone gather their car knowledge from?

I was just curious, where did everyone get their car knowledge from?

I'm guessing the majority was from this forum.

As I'm new to cars and modifying, I've been through all the stickys but, to me, I haven't really understood enough of the insides of an engine.

If you guys would give me links to threads where I could learn about the insides of a car, that'd be great, as I've already tried searching and have found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

google will be your friend for all of this. Along with a workshop manual, a good selection of tools and the time to work on your own car.

Read up on as much theory as possible before doing anything practicle and you'll get a good result from the work that you do.

DIY is one of the most rewarding things i've ever taken on. I've done all the work on my car, and i started out just like yourself. My car has never been to a dealer/workshop for any work. I reckon i've saved thousands of dollars and have learnt priceless information about my car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R (Soon)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGilholme View Post
    google will be your friend for all of this. Along with a workshop manual, a good selection of tools and the time to work on your own car.

Read up on as much theory as possible before doing anything practicle and you'll get a good result from the work that you do.

DIY is one of the most rewarding things i've ever taken on. I've done all the work on my car, and i started out just like yourself. My car has never been to a dealer/workshop for any work. I reckon i've saved thousands of dollars and have learnt priceless information about my car.
    Wow thanks for sharing your experience with cars.

I always had an ambition to DIY my whole car

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    i learnt lots from having to fix broken things
    oh and 'fixing' things that weren't really broken

loads of info on honda-tech.com forums too

Member Array
    Car:
    EG seeker/CEM1 Cyborg

depending on what you might wanna do.
    searching could be a big help.

or just ask around and learn from experience.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2R (Soon)
    Thanks guys for all the helpful info!

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    www.howstuffworks.com for sure.
    It has illustrations and moving clips that explain and show how an internal combustion engine work and the 4-stroke cycle.

Enough time online researching and you eventually will pick up the basics.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Just keep at it man,don't rush it,it will all come in time.Things will all fall into place,it takes time but like Jase said DIY is what translates all those words into real knowledge,so DIY is where it is at.

You can read all the books and all the articles you can but until you put it into action,it's just words.And where's the fun in that?!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '92 lude + Corolla Stivo
    Got mine from downloaded Service Manuals, Howstuffworks, Carbibles, Here on Ozhonda, and any mates of mine that are mechanics, panel beaters, or just rev heads.. most of the info and knowledge you'll gain will be from enthusiest and Forums like this one..