Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Hey all,

Just wondering from your personal experiences of driving these beauties, what types of cars on the road can you easily 'beat' at the lights/track/drag strip? :evil:

I am considerng 97+ Integra Vti-R and would like to know your experiences of the 'teg's performance relative to other cars on the road - most significantly the commos/sklines etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I'm not too sure about commondores but with Skylines, you may stand a chance against a stock one if you can drive better than the other person, however, 9/10 Skylines are modded, so... :lol: But i think you are comparing cars in the wrong league here, you're putting a 4 cylinder against straight (turbo) 6's...you can do the math

You'll be able to beat most 4-cylinder economy cars such as lancers, civics, festivas, corollas, celicas etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    hi tom,

welcome to OH forums. post up in the Intro section and tell us bout urself.

if ur looking at getting urself a teg vtir, i think u'll find its a great drive. u should be pretty comfortable on the road/lights against most 4cyl type cars and some larger cars even..... u'll decimate any lancers,civics,protons, etc etc...
    jus wait till the more technical boys log on and they'll give u a more detailed run down.

jon

Quote Originally Posted by XXpl05ive
    But i think you car comparing cars in the wrong league here, you're putting a 4 banger against straight (turbo) 6's...you can do the math
    yeah I know, bit stupid to compare with these cars, but I was hoping either (a) Vtec make up for some of the difference (b) light weight teg

thanks for your replies, love to hear more input

edit: i think u'll find its a great drive I agree, Integra seems the package to me, been a passenger in my friends, handles great.
    Just wanted to know about its power- relative to other cars.

thanks for the welcome jon

i'd say vtir tegs are fun to drive and handle reasonably well
    but yeah if you can afford it go type r, all the interior trim is nice plus the extra omph doenst hurt either

i love my teg but i rekcen it could do with alittle more power

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    the vti-r is good...but the Type R is even better
    you can get a dc2r for around $25k

A stock vti-r vs a GTS-T. The teg will get chopped (all else being equal ie driver, launch). Now a Type R will stand a chance but ur not asking about the R.

I think Vti-R's competitors (bsides the fully sik Evo Coupes :lol: ) would be non-turbo skyline/silvia, FTO, celica, and some older v6's (haven't raced a VX or newer yet).

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    ditto dreamR

i got the vtir.... its great...

appearently u can keep up with a non turbo gts... but i havent heard proven stuff..... get catback and CAI and u'l slam an s13 turbo.

EDIT<---- PROVEN kekeke On freeway dropping second, wanst off lights mind you.

but yeah... imean, thats like waht.... once in a while.... 6 days out seven u prolly wont even use vtec...
    when do we hit vtec?

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    appearently u can keep up with a non turbo gts...
    I can keep up with a non turbo 2.0L R32 GTS in my lil civic.

So i'd say a vti-r teg could keep up with/beat a 2.5L GTS.

Basically, a vti-r teg should beat any sub 2.5L non-turbo car in its powerband. Also you should be able to beat most of the old Commodores and Falcons (the auto ones anyway)
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    AHAHAHAHAHHAA

sorry, off topic wyn..... but ur signature is funniest thign ever man!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    I reckon any Integra is a good Integra (considering you don't overly do it up to look "fooly" sick) :lol: But the vti-r is a quick little thing and you should have no problems at all with any Holden Commonwhore V6's. As with Skylines, well if you read my other thread, in track/drag racing, then you will read that I kept up with a gts-t 33 in my ITR, so unless you work your vti-r, then you might be pushing it. But it can still be done if you really put your mind to it

Hey dude.. I've had a 1994 integra vtir before.. I'll list all the mods before I state what cars I can beat...

Heres a list of stuff that makes a difference..
    16 inch rims (with some dodgy tyres)
    safc + itc (tuned)

Heres a list of stuff that may make a difference but I doubt it

Heres a list of cars that I have personally destroyed on drags/lights
    Ford Cougar
    Nissan Silvia CA18DET (i think it has exhaust and filter, not sure about
    other mods)
    Stock Integra VTIR

Heres a list of cars that are kinda at par
    180sx with CA18DET running 14psi (from 100 - 200km/h)
    R33 GTS (after i removed ITC & SAFC)

Basically, an integra vtir should beat most NA cars on the road along with some other turbo cars. The only NA cars that you probaly cant beat are type Rs, S2000s, some holdens, fords etc etc.. the list goes on.. but overall, its a very nice car to drive..